From "Running isn't for me.." to Run-a-Muck 5k in 6 Months

Options
2»

Replies

• Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I loved your story. It hit so close to home. Great job!
  • mrobles06
    mrobles06 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you for sharing.. Very motivational... :)
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :smile:
  • TooHott2Trott
    TooHott2Trott Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This story is AWESOME!!!!! Congrats to you and your pals!
  • bijoux79
    bijoux79 Posts: 79
    Options
    Love this post...thanks for sharing
  • lrkidd
    lrkidd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Okay you have added fuel to my fire....I have decided to do the 10 week running program and my 13 year old son and I are going to run our first 5k in October...thank you!!!!
  • IAmMadeOfMeat
    IAmMadeOfMeat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome stuff. My sister and some friends just completed the Warrior Dash race in Barrie Ontario on the weekend, and it looked like a blast. I'm definitely going to be in shape to run it next year with them.

20120626-171807.jpg

Ahahaha, that is a wonderful image. Congrats to your sis!

Fun facts: the other two guys in the team were up until 4 AM the night before, getting drunk at a concert, and one of them was a little tipsy on vodka before the start of the race. I guess that's my next running goal, to do a 5k Mud Run while hungover and on less than 3 hours of sleep.

Also, when the first 3 of us got together that morning, it was a coincidence that we were all wearing blue shorts, so we made sure to tell the 4th guy to wear blue shorts, too. But then I was the only one without a tank top, so we made a last minute decision to go topless. Teamwork!

Thanks for all the accolades, everyone. =)

Hi, Hannah!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options

Hi, Hannah!

LMAO. Hi Matt :heart:
  • newdayhasbegun
    newdayhasbegun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I really love reading your post. That's what this is all about. Thanks for sharing your story and sharing pictures.

Keep up the great work!
  • Alwaysnancy
    Alwaysnancy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You have such a way with words. Really enjoyed reading your story. I'm a 53 year old woman and last year after completing the Couch 2 5k Program I signed up my friend and husband in the New Year's Day Resolution Run. My husband backed out complaining about a couple of broken ribs he got at non contact hockey so It was me and my friend. Despite winter it was a great day and we had a good race. Definitely no Olympians but we finished and felt great. After that we thought we better commit to another challenge so we all signed up for the Warrior Dash in Barrie Ontario at the Horseshoe Valley Ski Resort. I should of thought about that. But I didn't. Saturday morning I texted my friend and said "I'm scared" and she texted back "It's all your fault!" A 53 year old with an extra 40 lbs has no business doing these things but sometimes insanity reigns. I was shooting to complete the race in an hour. I know how long it takes me to do my slow 5k run and I factored some time in for the obstacles but I forgot to factor in those dang hills. It took me 1 hour 15 minutes but I did survive and have the t-shirt. Hubby did it in 37 minutes. He always runs twice as fast as me and his legs are twice as long too. My beautiful friend also beat me by 16 minutes. Next year I hope to lose the extra weight and prove that I can do it in an hour.

Congrats on your excellent results. That was my dream but it didn't happen quite that way. Although I guess I keep telling myself I know a lot of people who are younger than me and probably couldn't do it.
  • pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Your story is awesome, you guys did wonderfully, and you actually made me cry in a good way, thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!