Shakeology is overpriced garbarge

Options
Acg67
Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
It seems that the only people who take ShakeO and support it are;

Coaches trying to make a buck off it

People who were pressured into it from friends/family selling it

The gullible

People who like to piss away money (Herp derp if you were to buy every ingredient separately...)

Did I miss anyone?

Replies

• Mayor_West
    Mayor_West Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    The uninformed who know little to nothing about proper nutrition, let alone protein supplements.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    ARfarfARFarf (fizgig for bump)
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    in before someone trys to sell you on trisorb proteinz
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    the same goes for p90x recovery formula
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    it may not work for you, but it cured my halitosis, chronic flatulence, and cancer. everybody's different.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    I have no intent on using it but why not mention what makes it garbage then instead of saying who buys it?

No disrespect, just saying :)
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I asked my doctor and dietitian about it (because a friend of mine is selling it) and they said "NO."

The proper nutrition I could get from eating clean and proper will far outweigh the benefits of the shake.

Doctor basically said I will be spending money to be hungry all of the time. I like food. I am not going to drink 2 meals a day. :tongue:
  • TheyCallMeTaterSalad
    Options
    it may not work for you, but it cured my halitosis, chronic flatulence, and cancer. everybody's different.

It cured your chronic flatulence? Looks like the hubs is getting shakeology for his birthday! LOL ;)
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yep! Understand completely! My creatine & protein is not the best but it was 15.00 and that was all I could afford so I thought it was better then nothing! What do you use for your creatine, bars, and protein or do you use them at all?
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I find it has too much sugar in it. I know they list all those fancy ingredients, how do they ensure that every shake has all of them?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Also, INB4 all the coaches flood this thread and try to say "NU UH IT WORKS IT CURED MY CAT'S CANCER AND I FEEL SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER AND HEALTHIER".

I don't even think most of the people who push this product know what is in it, how it was manufactured, etc.

Clearly you will lose weight replacing two meals with an almost nutritionally void 150 calorie shake... Do you learn proper eating habits? Hell no. Could you eat at a caloric deficit eating more nutritionally wholesome food and have the same effect? Hell yes. Would it be cheaper and overall have greater long-standing results? Most likely.....

Edit to say: Damn! Was i too late?
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I have no intent on using it but why not mention what makes it garbage then instead of saying who buys it?

No disrespect, just saying :)
    The proper nutrition I could get from eating clean and proper will far outweigh the benefits of the shake.

That's why.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! Thank you for starting it. So many people need to hear this message!
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Too true
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I don't even think most of the people who push this product know what is in it, how it was manufactured, etc.
    I will totally agree with this. I saw one person in another thread making the claims that Shakeology is "cholesterol and dairy free." Whey protein is dairy. Milk is listed in the allergy warnings on the label. The nutrition label also states it has 15 mg of cholesterol per serving. Not only dishonest, but potentially dangerous claims.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    in before someone trys to sell you on trisorb proteinz
    Wrong shake, but this :P

Remind me not to sit next to taso :P Man who farts in church must sit in own pew.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    It's funny, because all of the hundreds of friends I have on FB that sell the stuff have stoped posting about it, and their weight loss, because they have figured out that it sucks, and they can't stick with it. One of the kids on there use to post all of the time about how he lost 17 lbs, and hasn't changed his diet at all, and this was like 3 months ago, no if somebody asks him he says he has lost 10lbs on it haha.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    I really like th P90-X program (although I'm starting to experiment with some other regimes), but I have never tried the recovery drink or the shakeology stuff. Honestly, I have no clue how good it is, but at those prices, I just can't justify it when I can make something myself for less than half the price.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

BroFistWizard.jpg
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Not to mention it tastes like putrid dog caca.