Liquid Diet

Options
jaxxie
jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
I've heard that a liquid diet is very good to kick your diet into gear. Thoughts?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I've heard that a liquid diet is very good to kick your diet into gear. Thoughts?
    Depends what the liquid is. A gallon of sweetened cream a day may not be helpful.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

I just checked your diary and your diet looks perfect, though boring drinking the same thing day in and day out. Switch it up with some tequila in there for a change.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

Your diet looks perfect to me. Although a little jack and coke errr diet coke would be nice once in a while.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

I think it sounds awful and not necessary. I also think that diets do not get kick started. You are either in a deficit or you are not.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Keep reading MFP, you'll hear all sorts of ridiculous things like that!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    If a meal plan of drinking your meals appeals to you than more power to you but I can tell you it is not necessary at all... I have great meals daily (2 BBQ chicken breast on the grill , Sweet Potato Fries, and Baby young peas is what on the menu for supper tonight) and have lost a few pounds in the process... This is a lifestyle thing............... Best of Luck!!!
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I do juice vegetables once a day but I tend to have a preferance for solid food personally. A liquid diet would drive me crazy, even if it was only for a week or two.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Be prepared for constipation and the liquid squirts lol.
    My suggestion is maybe a vegetable smoothie/juice before meals? Then you eat less?
    Or as snacks?
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I think a liquid diet is necessary - especially on a Friday and Saturday night! Oh and those nights when you can't be arsed, OH is doing your head in, kids are doing your head in, work is doing your head in! Yeah liquid diets are good! xx
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    If by liquid you mean anything involving Alcohol, I'm all for it! But sooner or later, you will have to mix it up a bit for good measure....Tequila, Vodka, Rum, Rye, then you could try Margeritas, Daquiri's, Zombie's, Bloody Mary's...just to get a bit of vitamins in there. Just sayin'!
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I like your thinking. I was just at the doctors the other day and he advised to me eat more fruit, so I've started putting sliced lemon and cherries on a stick in my vodka! Tastes great and I feel great - I guess he knows what he's talking about!

x
  • nicole9008
    Options
    I literally have had days where my diet was just pitcher of Margaritas and bottle of wine. Love those days! Lol and I've never gained after a day like that. Yay for liquid diets!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I like your thinking. I was just at the doctors the other day and he advised to me eat more fruit, so I've started putting sliced lemon and cherries on a stick in my vodka! Tastes great and I feel great - I guess he knows what he's talking about!

x

Lime juice in my vodka... :)
  • karen4801
    Options
    I have never tried an all liquid diet but it just seems to me that balance is very important. Being thin isn't as important as being healthy - you need grains and veggies and fruits and proteins, etc. You also need to be happy doing this or it will be short lived at best. Why not just stay within your caloric limits, find foods that taste good to you and aren't high in calories, and let the pounds go away as they will? Weight loss that stays off is the result of a change in habits - changes you can comfortably live with.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I prefer an apple diet, preferrably grown in mr magners orchard, and served over ice, lol!!