So who's done the Warrior Dash???:)

Options
2»

Replies

• artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I did the Warrior Dash in June and a local mud run two weeks ago. I think they're a blast. The Warrior Dash was the easier of the two that I did. Be prepared to run hills and as for upper body strength, you need some but not a ton. Basically, if you can climb a ladder, you'll be fine with the cargo nets and wall climbs. The hill running itself was much harder than the actual obstacles. If an obstacle is too tough, you can easily go around in most cases. Be prepared to get very dirty.

My advice is to take extra clothes to change into and take plastic wrap to cover your car seats once you're finished.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Mud races are fun to do. I love the mix of obstacles with running. The problem is sometimes the logistics are not thought out well enough. But overall these are a lot of fun and I am looking forward to doing a Zombie race later this yearwhich will include obstacles, mud, running and ZOMBIES!!! I've also done the Rebel race, it was the first year in Central TX and they had poor planning, and there were bottleneck areas where slow people were started at the same time as the faster runners so when the first obstacle came up, there was not enough space to weed out the slower ones before to let the fast runners go through. That's my biggest complaint but you'll have fun and theres always beer afterward, free beer.
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Warrior Dash isn't the only obstacle/mud run available, there's Spartan Races, Tough Mudder, Urbanathlons, Guts 'n Glory, etc... so something else may be in your area. If you do a Google search or check with your local gym, or running stores you may find one close to home and not have to wait.

awesome!thanx so much:)
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I did it last year!

It was really fun if you go with a group of people and don't focus on time. They had ours on a ski hill so the first obstacle was a freaking massive hill.

Wear a pair of gloves for the rope courses, it really saves your hands!

I had lots of fun, but we focused on having fun and not the time thing. Wear an old pair of shoes and donate them at the end, trust me you won't want them back!
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    And DO NOT forget this race! :)
    http://runforyourlives.com/
  • spinningma
    spinningma Posts: 45
    Options
    Yes... I did my first one in June! My pic I am using was actually taken just before I took off! It was FUN! My course was hilly-- on a flippin' ski hill. All the obstacles were very doable. There were ALL shapes and sizes there. Walkers to diehard runners- and even they were swearing while they were WALKING up the hills! All for FUN! Enjoy! I plan on doing it next year too.