Juicing .... Has it worked for you?

Options
13»

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I heard somewhere that the #1 priority of your body is to digest food.

What about breathing?
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options

Juicing breaks the fruits and veggies down so that your body can absorb the micro nutrients. That's something you wouldn't get had you just eaten the fruit or veggie whole.

false. your BODY breaks down the fruits and veggies. it just takes longer to do so when you're eating the whole item vs the juice.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    There a lot of guys at my gym that juice, but it's not for me.

HGH!!!!!

different-types-of-steroids-1.jpg
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I think it can be good for you if you are under a doctor's supervision the entire time and monitor your reactions closely. Recently I watched Fat, Sick, and Almost Dead and I found it pretty inciteful. I don't know if I could do it, but it could be valuable to someone with a considerable amount of weight to lose, food alleries, auto-immune disease, etc.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the documentary Fat, Sick, and Dieing? its a man who does juicing to get healthy. Its got Dr. stand points and all that. sort of a way to reset your body.

I love this movie :love:

I've been juicing like a maniac ever since watching it. I wouldn't necessarily JUST drink juice all day every day though...you'll get very hungry within the first 4 hours. Great way to get your nutrients, but eat some solid foods so that you have some solid BM's.
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I myself have yet o try it. I hear it works. Have you seen the documentary Fat, Sick, and Dieing? its a man who does juicing to get healthy. Its got Dr. stand points and all that. sort of a way to reset your body.

i've seen this one and im prepping for the juicing experience. it recommends a physical and approval from your physician (b/c of how it shocks your system), which i think is appropriate.
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    thought this was going to be about roids. i'm disappointed.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    To save money I've just been chewing my food a lot until it turns into a juice substance

Will this have the same effect?
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My mum had a juicer which extracted just the juice from fruits. NEVER knew what apple juice tasted like until that! Everything was soo delicious! *licks lips*

I've got a smoothie maker, and I just use it when I make my shakes. I use water, milk, aloe vera juice, 50g mixed berries and 50g whey. Tastes yum and gives me a load of protein and goodness.

Definitely couldn't do a juice 'diet' - I need real food!
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Is this another attempt to get us sold on a previous juicing product...

"It's people! Soylent Green is made out of people!"
  • phxricky
    phxricky Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    MMMMMmmm a carrot and green apple juice sound super good right now!!
  • ciaraprien23
    Options
    im starting to juice today the reason people gain the weight back is because they don't go back in to eating solid foods the right way this will help anyone thats interested

http://www.jointhereboot.com/plans/