Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

In 295 days of weight lifting,

Rae6503
Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
my squat weight has increased 133%. :happy:

Untitled.jpg

That chart is from my weight lifting app JEFIT.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    You are a BAMF.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Neat. I need to start tracking my numbers too but they're too pathetic right now. Plus I never do PR attempts either. I should, I suppose.

How do you get those weird numbers ending in 7.5lb increments? Just curious.
  • Rae6503
    Neat. I need to start tracking my numbers too but they're too pathetic right now. Plus I never do PR attempts either. I should, I suppose.

I don't do PR attempts either. The app calculates my 1 rep-max based on the reps I do. So since I can do 1x5x135 (although I almost did 3 sets, it only uses one) it somehow guesses that my 1 rep max is 157.5.
  • DopeItUp

I don't do PR attempts either. The app calculates my 1 rep-max based on the reps I do. So since I can do 1x5x135 (although I almost did 3 sets, it only uses one) it somehow guesses that my 1 rep max is 157.5.

Oh I see. I wonder how accurate it is. You should try it to see if you can actually squat 155/160. I just hit a calculator and it says I could deadlift almost 300. That seems like a stretch but maybe I'll try it out...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I adore you.
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    You are one bad b*tch! :glasses:
  • CountDown321
    CountDown321 Posts: 117 Member

Oh I see. I wonder how accurate it is. You should try it to see if you can actually squat 155/160. I just hit a calculator and it says I could deadlift almost 300. That seems like a stretch but maybe I'll try it out...

Squat is one exercise I will never actually try a 1RM on because form is so important to a squat and not injuring yourself.

Good job on the increases! Keep up the good work.
  • Rae6503

Squat is one exercise I will never actually try a 1RM on because form is so important to a squat and not injuring yourself.

Good job on the increases! Keep up the good work.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I might do it on bench though (with a spotter). Might be fun. My form also suffers on deadlifts if I try to heavy, so I probably wouldn't try it on that either.
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    You are a BAMF.
    BAMF indeed!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Those are impressive gains! Congratulations!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    SERIOUSLY impressive!!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    You rock!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,238 Member
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!
  • Rae6503
    Thanks everyone.:blushing:

Heavy lifting is fun. :bigsmile:
  • DopeItUp

Isn't it? I hate rest days, can't wait for the next workout day!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member

Isn't it? I hate rest days, can't wait for the next workout day!

i'm being peer-pressured into zumba tonight. wish i could go lift instead. :grumble:

(fyi -- friend wants support subbing at a new place)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    You are amazing!
  • Great gains. Never be afraid of a 1rm. Just make sure you take the time to learn proper form and technique. Also, just make sure you don't do them repeatedly. I find working in a wave pattern for weights in my major lifts allows for a new PR attempt every month or so. Just follow 1rm weeks with a deload week.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Love it when you post your graphs. Bamf, indeed!
  • Amaze!!!!! :-)