Ideal Protein

Options
Hello!

I have just started doing Ideal Protein and I am down 8lbs for week 1! I am so excited to keep going in my journey! Is anyone else doing this? This is only day 8 for me so I could use some tips! I love this program so far and I'm eating more veggies than I have in my life.

My goal is to loss 50lbs which I should be able to do with in 4 months.

Sexy wedding dress here I come!

Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• Lilsluvsliverpool
    Options
    Hi !

I am starting tomorrow, my mom started in May she is down 30 pounds and looks amazing!

I am looking forward to this. :)
  • Erin_OnAMission
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow morning! I'm excited to start losing. A number of my co workers are on IP and have been very successful!
  • claw0416
    claw0416 Posts: 95
    Options
    What exactly is Ideal Protien? You have caught my atention.
  • Lilsluvsliverpool
    Options
    Day I and I feel fine I totally don't feel deprived at all. :)
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 5 yesterday and have lost 21.2 lbs so far.

I am not going to lie...I find it difficult, but the success keeps me going. I am not hungry or feel deprived, I just am not used to eating so many veggies, and having "no cheats", but I wil do this!!
  • Moe4572
    Options
    What exactly is Ideal Protien? You have caught my atention.

It is a meal plan in which you are eating almost no carbs--the only carbs are from certain veggies, and no sugar, but do have 8 oz protein everyday and eat 3 Ideal Protein meals or snacks.
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    What happens when you quit doing this and return to a more normal diet? That would be my worry, that the weight would just pile back on
  • Moe4572
    Options
    What happens when you quit doing this and return to a more normal diet? That would be my worry, that the weight would just pile back on

Well, you go through 3 phases and then maintenance is Phase 4.....and your lifestyle should have changed by that time, so you would go to a healthy diet, and you are taught which types of food to eat when....for example...if lunch is heavy with carbs, stay away from them for dinner, etc.
  • bully_lady
    bully_lady Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Ideal Protein for 16 weeks now. I'm down 59 pounds at this point and I have lost track of the inches. In the last 3 weeks I have added exercise as well and I am feeling great! No more breathing heavy, no more achey back, no more acid reflux. ...I didn't know how many things were related to being overweight ;-(
  • Lilsluvsliverpool
    Options
    That is awesome I am on day 3 of week 1 of the IP, and I am down 6.7 pounds already... :)
  • aliciadpo
    aliciadpo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Sunday! I can't wait. I did a trial day (I already have my food) and didn't feel hungry at all but I have a lot of social activities this weekend and didn't want to ruin my 3-4 day phase where your body really starts to burn fat like a machine.

I did calorie counting and lost weight and kept it off for 3 years (down to 129), but I have slowly let the weight creep back in within the last year. It's very weird, though. My body still feels like 135# and I still fit into all of my same clothes but my scale number is the highest it's ever been at 157 :-O

I am a big believer in calorie counting as it has worked for me in the past but I am really looking to get this extra 20-30 # off of me fAST and truly get down to my desired goal weight of 127 lb. I am very excited about starting Ideal Protein but i will be back on MFP when I reach phase 3 to continue counting calories. My counselor at the wellness center said she will work with me and I can do calorie counting if I like...as a matter of fact, she highly recommends it!
  • JediMasterDoug
    JediMasterDoug Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm starting ideal protein. I need to lose 70lbs. Anyone need an accountability partner?
  • aliciadpo
    Options
    I'm starting ideal protein. I need to lose 70lbs. Anyone need an accountability partner?

Just started day one....well, finished day 1 today!!!! I'm looking for some motivation as well. I know the next couple of days will be rough but I can't wait to see the weight start falling off. I am so ready to get to my true goal weight finally!
  • aliciadpo
    Options
    Day 1 - went great! I am not hungry at all but I am having cravings. Today, my craving is popcorn for some reason LOL! Tried the crispy cereal for breakfast and have no intentions of ever eating that again but the good thing is that there are so many options! I had the strawberry pudding and added ice and blended it like a smothie (replaced the crispy cereal). I also had the tomato basil soup today which was actually very good. I liked it
  • Lilsluvsliverpool
    Options
    That is good to know re : cereal, I have the wildberry yogurt and add ice and make it a smoothie I love it I have it for breakfast every day. :)
  • bully_lady
    Options
    Oh gosh, I despise ALL of the puddings except to make waffles. Yep, add an egg white and less water and make yourself a waffle. Take I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Olive Oil spray and Walden Farms syrup and you've got yourself a sinful breakfast!

I am up for whomever wants to friend me, I am 4.5 months into IP and I'm down 60+. I'm -4 from my original goal, but I'm going to do 5 more - my stomach fat is persisting, but we see the measurements going down, so I know that it will be gone soon :-)

Good luck to all, I am a true believer in IP!
  • oregongal77
    Options
    Where do you get more info about this at?
  • jennpasic
    jennpasic Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of Ideal protein please feel free to add me
  • bully_lady
    Options
    www.idealprotein.com is where I send everyone. There is a clinic locator if you'd like to talk to someone locally.
  • Moe4572
    Options
    Oh gosh, I despise ALL of the puddings except to make waffles. Yep, add an egg white and less water and make yourself a waffle. Take I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Olive Oil spray and Walden Farms syrup and you've got yourself a sinful breakfast!

I am up for whomever wants to friend me, I am 4.5 months into IP and I'm down 60+. I'm -4 from my original goal, but I'm going to do 5 more - my stomach fat is persisting, but we see the measurements going down, so I know that it will be gone soon :-)

Good luck to all, I am a true believer in IP!

Wow, that is great......hopefully where I am headed....I just finished week 7 and down 26.2 lbs, and going strong. I, too despise the puddings, and everybody else seems to love them....blech!