How long before photos show more obvious progress?

Options
Edited:
I am removing this for now- as the first person to posted pointed out, the photos were different enough to make it hard to tell how much difference there truly is- I will repost when I have a new comparison photo.

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    The more you have to lose, the longer it will take to make an obvious difference. I lost 30 lbs. before anyone noticed, and it wasn't a dramatic difference. However, the next 30 made a HUGE difference. When I took up running, even though the weight loss slowed, my body composition started changing. It became much more noticeable.

A couple tips too though, your photos are quite different from each other. You have your arms up in one, and down in the other - that will affect how your torso looks. One is also taken from a farther distance than the other. Can you zoom up in the first one, so the aspect of the photos is similar? Little things can make a difference!
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback- will repost later when I have better photos.

I do walk/run a decent amount along with other things- I am definitely hoping that the next 30lbs shows more obvious change!
  • gogophers
    gogophers Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I know you took down the photos, but I wanted to mention this anyway. I lost about 30-40 pounds before I started to notice any difference whatsoever. Other people who knew I was dieting were telling me "you're looking way better" but I still don't know whether they were being totally truthful.

I do know that I stopped losing weight for about 3-4 weeks when I hit 250. I wasn't lifting or exercising so I wasn't gaining muscle. Even though my weight didn't change, I was actually seeing noticeable changes in my body. My waist size decreased by about 3-4 inches without my actual weight changing. I personally think one of the reasons we plateau is so our body can "catch up" to the weight we've lost especially when we lose a lot. I don't have any scientific evidence to back this up, so at this point it's just a guess, but it's what I call "biologically plausible." The same thing happened when I hit 220 as well.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    For me, I could see results in my photos as much as 4lbs gone (I've taken photos constantly throughout this journey).

But the more dramatic and obvious results came later. If you look at my comparison photos with 12lbs lost from SW and now, at 31lbs lost from SW, the difference is immense.

Am I making any sense?