Couch to 5K start 25th July

Options
I just found a thread for this but unfortunately it's been going a while so I can't join in with it. So is anyone else interested in couch to 5k?

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml <---- The info is there if anyone doesn't know.

I would really like to get into running and this seems like the perfect plan to get started. Goals to hit and improve on over 9 weeks and then with the right amount of work I should (I hope I can say 'we' because some kind people on here might take pity on me and not make me suffer this alone) be running 5k in 9 weeks time.

So if there is anyone here who wants to get into running please feel free to join and/or add me =3

Replies

• Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    No one? =/
  • jwilson80121
    jwilson80121 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I will friend.. Hopefully I wake up early enough to do it though,,,
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Thank you =) Are you ok to start Wednesday? I've had warm up days of trying but will take it on seriously Wednesday.
  • Leigh300
    Leigh300 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would also like to do the C25k, I hope we are able to do it, I would love to be able to run :smile:
  • carolinesmiles
    Options
    Hi! I'm on week 6 of C25K and I completely love it. Feel free to add me if you'd like some support! :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Week 5 Day 2 of C25K tomorrow.

It is an absolutely awesome program.. and I'm sure you'll do fantastic!
  • jwilson80121
    Options
    I might try to start up tomorrow, but more than likely I'll hit snooze and start on wednesday :)
  • Leigh300
    Options
    I did my first run in several weeks, and decided to start at wk 4 of the c25k, as this seemed about right for me. I am really pleased that I managed it, but found it hard work. How did anyone else get on?
  • gmomma02
    gmomma02 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will join you. I did my first day on Monday, and day 2 is today. I did this back in January. Only made it to week 3 and stopped. But I am determined not to stop this time!
  • Dorothy888
    Dorothy888 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think this looks great. I have been trying to "learn how to run" on my own, but this looks like a great tool! The only thing I'm not sure about is the timing, Do you jog/walk with a stopwatch? Does anybody know how to time it?
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    I just bought the iPhone app and I am going to start on Monday July 30. I am really looking forward to it--and am determined to wake up early since the workouts are all only ~30 min.
  • trinity1164
    trinity1164 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Leigh300
    Options
    Hello Dorothy, if you are in the UK, you can get couch to 5k on NHS website, or do a search on I Tunes for couch to 5k, there are programs with music that guide you through each run. Just load it onto an ipod, or other mp3 player, or even a phone, this then tells you exactly when to run and walk and gives you encouragement. I hope this makes sense and helps.
  • jwilson80121
    Options
    Got sick!! :( didn't even go to work yesterday. I'm going to start as soon as I can breathe again and over this cold.. hopefully by this weekend :)
  • kellydelq
    kellydelq Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just completed thr program last night! I never ran before and didn't think I could do it but I did. I plan to run 3 miles 3 times a week to keep up with training. feel free to friend me, I need some!
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i'm on week 7 and i love it! can't believe the progress i've made.
  • erinl84
    erinl84 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    just started today :) really liked it and defintiely want to try my hardest to complete it!
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I need to get ready for an upcoming 5K, my first. Do treadmill 5 days a week, but would like to start this today. =)
    Thanks !
  • glamber7871
    glamber7871 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just saw this. I will be starting tomorrow. I would love the support!
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i'm on week one (again). monday was day 1. yesterday day 2. tomorrow is day 3. my legs and feet are sore!! LOL!