What's your 1 favorite main or side dish to make?

Options
2»

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Main Dish: Curry (namely chicken curry with lots of veggies)

Side dish: (when they're in season) brussels sprouts! I half them and saute them with a little bit of olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. The fiancee gobbles them down and he HATES vegetables.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I love things fried in garlic :)
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    :happy:
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I like steamed broccoli. Sometimes I have two sides of it. mmm
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Stirfries, any veggies I feel like it with chicken or shrimp or steak or whatever, with some low sodium soy sauce, honey/brown sugar, a little sesame oil, garlic powder, ginger, and black pepper. After the veggies and protien (sliced very thin) are cooked over high heat with a little oil, I sprinkle over some corn starch and mix it all in and then add the sauce, sorry I don't measure usually, I am trying to get in the habit, but you can google a recipe. Served with brown rice, there is low sodium stir fry sauce or hoisin for when I am lazy.
  • sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Beets! Peel and chop them into about a 1/2" dice, put in a pan with chicken (or beef) broth and simmer until tender. I usually let the broth mostly evaporate and stir in a small pat of butter at the end to make them saucy.

Sweet potato mash is another good side.
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    Beets! Peel and chop them into about a 1/2" dice, put in a pan with chicken (or beef) broth and simmer until tender. I usually let the broth mostly evaporate and stir in a small pat of butter at the end to make them saucy.

Sweet potato mash is another good side.

Mmmmm we do that with cabbage, but I'll try it with beets!!!
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Dang the first thing I thought by just reading the title was .... CHICKEN!!! hehe nevermind though

Love me some soba noodles with tofu. Saute up some garlic, onions, and swiss chard. Drop the soba noodles in and tofu. Quick and easy. I don't use the sauce that comes with the soba (yaki soba). Super quick and soba and tofu are rather cheap. Once plated you can crush up some walnuts and top it with that.

I also like this mixture cold. Garlic and onions still sauteed with soba. Assorted color bell peppers, cucumber, apples, and other produce you like. I use a meat (turkey, chicken, steak, etc) rather than tofu for the cold salad.

Steamed broccoli, cauliflower, or asparagus works.

Some baked salmon with lemon zest, garlic, green onion, teriyaki. Obviously when the salmon is on sale, or use something cheaper like tilapia

Baked sweet potatoes with garlic and some pepper. Maybe a dash of honey on it.

I'm getting hungry now. Later!

Edit: Loving the profile pic btw