Easy Granola Recipes

Options
scsturch
scsturch Posts: 5
I am trying to find an easy granola recipe one that wouldnt be too hard for me to figure out I am just getting started with the granola thing and dont want too complicated any ideas?

Replies

• chriscookphelps
    Options
    Depends on what kind of granola you want. Do you want to make your own bars or are you looking for just a good combination for a mix? Either way, the answer depends on what you allow for yourself in you diet. I make a pretty good oats and honey bar. Below is a loose recipe I follow. Sorry I don't' have measurements. I eyeball everything.

On a baking sheet, mix rolled oats and coconut flakes and place in 325-350 oven til lightly browned. Remove from oven to cool and add approx. 1/2 cup flax seed ground. Drop oven temp to about 300 or so.
    Heat up some honey, vanilla and a touch of brown sugar in a sauce pan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook for just a minute to caramelize a bit. Be sure to stir, stir stir!
    Mix the oat mixture with the honey mixture and then press into a baking pan sprayed with cooking spray and lined with parchment paper. Put back in oven for just about 15-20 minutes. Remove and let cool for a least 3 hours. Remove from pan, cut and enjoy!

***You can add whatever you like to the mix when you combine the oats and honey...chocolate chips, dried cranberries or cherries, almonds. Get creative but stay healthy!