Pulled muscle. . . . I think. . . .

Options
I know exactly how it happened, I thought I would test my flexibility and managed to 'overstretch' :grumble: :angry: I was in a plie squat, alternating putting pressure on each leg for a deeper stretch when my inner thigh muscle went numb.... weird, I know.... anyways....

I thought it was just the muscle falling asleep b./c I put too much pressure on it..... but now, while in a lunge (right leg forward, left leg back and straight) I have alot of intense pain through what I believe is the groin muscle, maybe inner thigh. Beyond that, I can walk, kick etc. It is only one the one side (left side).....

Okay, long question short. This happened this past weekend. I thought it would be in the past by now. It still hurts and is effecting my workouts. Any thoughts? Ideas of how to aide recovery? I want to get this show on the road! :laugh:

Thanks all!:drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    More than likely you either strained it or pulled it. Research what works for each whether it is heat or cold, I am not for sure. I do know that when I pulled hamstring, it was an intense pain to where I couldnt walk and lots of massaging and cold compresses was recommended for me. Took about six weeks before I could even run again, but I was walking gingerly within two. Good luck
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Groin strains, if that is what it is, are among the longest to fully heal. You really need to have it diagnosed and get some specific guidelines for rehab as well as activity limitations. I have had it happen twice. I could do some other things, but running was out of the question for weeks.