How to keep going

Options
I usually do really good about eating healthy and working out and then I hit a wall around 3 weeks and just slack off - like right now even with my weight loss.

What do you do to keep yourself motivated?

Replies

• Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I check out the Before/After pics in the Success Stories section. It makes me realize- if they can do it, I can do it too, and it makes me want to hit my goal that much more. I also think "if I had stuck with this when i first tried, I'd BE one of these success stories by now" and that helps too.
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Get some friends and be accountable to them, their encouragement and just knowing that they are watching what you are doing helps me. You can add me as a friend if you like :)
    I like what Moxie said about if I'd stuck at it last time I'd be a success story by now - its so true.
    It's hard because you have to be good all week just to get a little weight loss, but the reward is in the numbers slowly but steadily coming down.
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    These are all great suggestions. Tell people your goals....post pictures around of yourself that you don't like, sleep in work out clothes (if you do morning work outs), get friends involved. I've been doing this for 19 months and it's hard to stay on track. When you feel better and see a difference, you will keep yourself motivated! Hang in there!