Stay @ Home Mamma, new to MFP!

Options
Hi, my name is Arienne, I am 29 and a (mostly) stay at home mom of 2. I am a nurse as well, but only work a few shifts a month. I have a DS4, and a DD18months. I was usually about 140lbs, size 8 eating what I wanted and no exercise, but after 2 kids, I was floating around 165lbs, and I was miserable. Started by doing Jillian's Ripped in 30 in March and it changed my life. After various other JM videos, I am now halfway through her Body Revolution. I am down to 138lbs, and a size 6. It is amazing, and I love how I am feeling. I MAY have a slight fitness obsession at the moment.....anyway...I am happy to have found a venue where I can discuss all this stuff. I think my husband is probably sick to death of listening to me about it! Excited to meet all of you ;)

Replies

• BetterVersionofNV
    Options
    Hello Arienne!
    I am new too and a stay at home mom/work from home with a 3 year old boy. I have ALWAYS been into fitness but now I have to start watching what I eat too apparently to lose weight. I weight 140 and my goal is 120. I run 3- 4 times a week and lift weights or do a ballet workout at least once a week. I LOVE talking fitness and running so feel free to share whatever you are doing and found out! I have run 1 marathon and several 1/2's but came back too soon after having my son and am dealing weigh serious shin problems so I am taking it really slow! Plan to do the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon in Feb 2013. I'm not good at running by any means but it is my sanity and an amazing calorie burner. I am between a size 8 and 10 right now and want to be between a size 4 - 6. I would be completely happy with a 6! I am an old lady though -- 34 ; )
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a stay-at-home mom, but my kids are older. 15,17,18-(we homeschool, so I still 'stay home with the kids')
    that "hectic, 3 boys 3 yrs old and under craziness" seems a lifetime ago!
  • amyoc3
    amyoc3 Posts: 18
    Options
    i'm a working mom - but would love to be a support system for you! i have had 3 kids and have had the same problem of weight gain and trying to pull off some of the extra weight. i've been using MFP for the last 3 weeks and have lost 7#. pretty happy with the system so far!