Can someone please help??

Options
I'm trying to lose 20 - 25 pounds by Christmas. I'm 138 - 140 now, and 5'3 - 5'4". I'm a girl, and I'm 18. (My profile says 23 because my parents, who know I'm on this site, don't like for me to put my real birthday in my information, although I AM saying my real age here - they don't know about that). According to three different sites, my BMR (including exercise) is 2100 calories so I'm not sure how many to eat to lose 1 - 2 pounds a week, or, 5 pounds a month.

Here is my workout plan:

Mon, Wed, Fri: I'll be doing 20 minutes of strength training (I already have a decent amount of muscle, but yes, some of my weight IS fat, too), alternating muscle groups, followed by 35 - 45 minutes of intense cardio. During my cardio, my heart rate is up the whole time. I only take 2 small breaks to get a drink. I don't want to get too thirsty.

Tues, Thurs: I'll do 15 minutes of HIIT in the morning, before eating breakfast. In the afternoon, I'll do 30 minutes of cardio (varying the exercises I do). During those 30 minutes, my heart rate will be up the whole time.

I'll rest on Saturday and Sunday. Also, on top of exercise, I usually do about 30 minutes of some sort of chores, and I usually play 45 - 60+ minutes of WII in the evening. I know it doesn't count as exercise, but it is more calories being burned.

I was thinking on Mon, Wed and Fri to eat about 1500 calories, and on Tues and Thurs to eat about 1700 and on the days I don't exercise I'll eat about 1200.

Any tips, comments, critics? How many calories do you think I should eat?

PS. Please don't tell me to talk to a professional. I can't, I don't have the money. I also cannot afford to go to the doctor. Thank you!

Also, I keep my diet clean. With lots of vegetables, fruits. whole grains, nuts, chicken, water, and green tea - no sugar added. :)

Replies

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    if you're being told to eat 2100 then you need to eat that not 1200 - you're starving yourself with that little calories. also if you're doing intense cardio you NEED WATER! don't drink just a little you need a LOT you're sweating and burning calories. you run the risk of becoming dehydrated and passing out. if you do this RIGHT you'll loose weight but if you cut out what your body needs it'll just hold on to it as tight as it possibly can and NOT let go. do you really want to put yourself in the hospital because you pushed yourself to your breaking point.

your exercise plan is sound you just need to EAT MORE than what you have written for overall calories.