NSV: skin improvement

Options
Since changing my lifestyle about two months ago by eating healthy and getting regular exercise, I've noticed an unexpected change in my body: my skin seems MUCH healthier. For as long as I can remember, I've always bruised and cut very easily, and it would always take a long time for the bruises to fade or the cuts to heal. I'm not anemic or diabetic, and I've never really understood why my skin was so "sensitive". My arms and legs would always be covered in bruises and scratches and it's always been incredibly embarrassing. Today I suddenly realized that I don't have a single bruise on my body, and the activities that normally create bruises/cuts are no longer creating them. This is a huge victory for me. Despite my weight or size, this really encourages me and motivates me because it makes me realize that I'm truly improving my body -- from the inside out.

Replies

• LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    Wow! What's your secret?? I bruise like a banana & my skin sucks. I drink the recommended 8 glasses of water daily... do you know what has helped aside from overall healthy habits?
  • followmyredthread
    Options
    The only other thing I can think of that might be helping is that I realized I wasn't getting enough calcium or iron every day (usually really below the recommended amount). So in addition to eating healthy and exercising, I started taking calcium and iron supplements. That's something I've loved about this site: learning what I'm putting into my body and what I'm not.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Another joy in losing. When I stopped eating meat 20+ years ago I noticed that my recurring fight with pimples had all but vanished.

I must say, the little pink face in your pic is darling.
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    The only other thing I can think of that might be helping is that I realized I wasn't getting enough calcium or iron every day (usually really below the recommended amount). So in addition to eating healthy and exercising, I started taking calcium and iron supplements. That's something I've loved about this site: learning what I'm putting into my body and what I'm not.

Hmmm, maybe I need to look into my iron levels... I've been craving rare steak like crazy, haha!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!