140 Pounds Lost In One Year!

Options
StarkLark
StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
Hi everyone!

My journey to a healthier me began around 3 years ago. I had some great initial success, losing 88 pounds in a few months. Then I lost my focus and I gained about 60 pounds of that loss back. Very discouraging to say the least.

Then on July 12, 2011 I decided enough was enough. Although still a few pounds down from my heaviest recorded weight, I still felt like I had an impossible task ahead of me. I took the lessons I learned from my first big loss and improved my diet and my work ethic. The pictures below represent a calendar year of this effort. I am 140 pounds lighter in that 12 month period, and it feels amazing!

If I'm honest with myself and all of you I can say that out of the full year I was only truly focused and making the right choices for about 9.5 - 10 of those months. I had setbacks and weeks where I didn't eat right or exercise. But I have learned to minimize those times and I can only imagine what I could have accomplished if I had been on my game the entire time.

So to anyone who is struggling or feels like they have an impossibly long way to go to reach their goals I say this: even if you don't always make the right choices, all it takes is making the right choice more often than not, some patience, and a desire to change yourself. I still have a long way to go, but I have no doubt I'll get there.

Thank you so much to the MFP community, the active forum members, all of my awesome friends (here on MFP and in real life) and of course the creator of MFP, Mike, for creating an amazing tool and community that has played a huge part in helping me change my life.

Now on with the pics!

7633587862_4a105ee0a8_o.jpg
7633646248_322265c57d_o.jpg

Replies

• jennla32
    jennla32 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    OMG you look amazing! Your face doesn't even look the same at ALL! I'm soo impressed! Thanks for sharing...and congrats!!!!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    You are totally amazing!! You were handsome before, but you are so much more than that now! The happiness just glows through you!!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    AMAZING!!! Well done.........very inspiring!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Truly an inspiration!

I felt the same way when I started about it being an impossible task. But I know I can and will do it! Success stories like you just reinforce my determination! : )
  • Jude1064
    Jude1064 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! You look amazing. Thanks for giving me some much needed inspiration.
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    What an a complishment!!! Very inspiring!!
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    Wow, what an inspiration to look at your progress. You look amazing, and much more happy. Keep up the good fight, you are doing it.
  • merseyblue
    merseyblue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations. You have done amazingly well and look totally hot :) x
  • MountainDont351LBS
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! Great job!!!!
  • Lindawoj1
    Lindawoj1 Posts: 26
    Options
    Wish I read this before I had a snack. Way to go!!!! You are as amazing as your accomplishments. Keep up the good work.
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! and so much happier!!! There is a lot to be said for the support we get on here. I have only lost twenty pounds so far, but without my MFP friends, I would not have lasted this long. They give me the motivation and inspiration everyday to keep striving towards my goal. It is people like you that let me know I just have to keep battling and keep on doing it no matter what. Thanks for your post!!!
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Give yourself a big pat on the back your preserverence has paid off
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    your the man!
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I can't wait to post new pictures a year from now! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • ajoy1332
    ajoy1332 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look incredible!! Great Job!!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    You rock!
  • kimby57
    kimby57 Posts: 11
    Options
    Great Job! Thanks for sharing, I just got back from vacation and was feeling low cuz I gained a 6 lbs back. Now I'm inspired to jump back on the wagon and go work out. :bigsmile:
  • JPJN
    JPJN Posts: 5
    Options
    Awsome. You are an inspiration.
  • jodylynnbudd
    jodylynnbudd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration to all of us just starting (for the 50th time!) LOL What an amazing transformation! Gives me the get up and go to get this weight up and gone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!