Cycling NSV - Sort of

Options
jcmartin0313
jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
Today I set a new PR for distance rode and made a killer hill here in Fort Worth my ***** all in 100 degree heat, but I was still disappointed. My goal was to ride from home to my wife's office and back which should have been around 30 miles. After climbing that hill and being out in the heat at mile 28 I just ran out of gas. My previous best was 25 miles in the Spring. No matter how much we improve, we are tough on ourselves.

Replies

• bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That's 28 miles further than you would have gone if you didn't try it.
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Nothing to be ashamed of, 28 miles in the heat is a tough ride.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed!
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Boy do I hear you! I am so hard on mself. You did GREAT and have to remember you still got in 28 with a HILL a good burn I'm guessing too. Pat yourself on the back, I know you will do it next time!!!
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    that is fabulous riding in the heat! Did you hydrate? Did you find your heart rate about 10 beats higher than when it is cooler?
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Too hot - you did amazing! That is a great NSV!
  • JenG_2011
    JenG_2011 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That is quite impressive friend!!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    that is fabulous riding in the heat! Did you hydrate? Did you find your heart rate about 10 beats higher than when it is cooler?

My HR does go up about 10 bpm when I run in the heat. I haven't paid as much attention when biking, because that's my usual workout in the heat (instead of running).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!