South Texas Woman on a Mission!

Hey y'all!

I've been on here for a few weeks and finally after reading many posts now have worked up the courage to post my own introduction. Shy was not a trait of mine until a year ago. Just as my subject line says I am from South Texas. Close to South Padre Island to be exact. My sister actually introduce this website to me after I had been complaining about how the food tracker on choosemyplate.gov was not very good. My students agreed with that statement as well. So far I like this site and I am considering integrating it into one of my lessons. I teach High School Family and Consumer Sciences aka Home Economics. But with the name change of the field I actually do not cook great! My courses were geared more in Nutrition than Culinary. With that said, I teach a Freshman Class, Lifetime Nutrition and Wellness, and Child Development grades 9-12th. Great classes but I am not the best looking role model for my students and I want to change that. I've actually always been on a mission with my weight but myself, or something has gotten in the way. I struggle with under-active thyroid and PCOS. Currently I am a few hours away from family and live with my fiancee. I have been living here for a year and do not have friends only co-workers but they travel to work. So I really have not seen them during the summer break. My fiancee and I have different eating habits. I am trained in Nutrition and he ignores it all. But with a lot of talks slowly he is coming around. Enough about me. Just looking to hear from some people.