Any advice for a new mam trying to loose pregnancy weight.

Options
I'm a new mama learning to juggle a 2 month baby and loose the pregnancy weight. Any advice? I am also new to MFP and would love some friends to keep the motivation going.

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Stay motivated even when you are really tired, make sure to drink plenty of water, eat healthy - you are an example now, try to exercise - walking with your baby (if you carry them or push them in a stroller it's under a different cardio exercise), if you are breastfeeding you can add those calories into your diet - search breastfeeding in the food database, and have fun whenever possible :D

Congrats on your new baby and good luck with your goals.
  • Hjbaker
    Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your bub.
    1) Take your time and start slowly, you have just put your body through a heavenly kind of hell. If it takes 9 months to put the weight on, then 9 months to take it off is just fine.
    2) I bet you can use quite a few calories pushing a pram or walking with your baby in a front pack.
    3) Try to get adequate sleep (I know this will be tough)
  • heathermora11
    heathermora11 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    1) drink lots of water
    2) make exercise a priority. obviously not higher priority than feeding a hungry baby, but over say dishes or time online :)
    3) involve hubby in the exercise so that it is family time too
    4) eat healthy calories. yes, you may need more while breastfeeding but it doesn't mean we get to eat terribly!
    5) get a workout DVD (like Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred) used from Amazon and then do it religiously while baby naps, or sits in the swing, or crawls around on you while you do sit ups (perhaps this happens to me :) sooo much easier than trying to get to a gym or even get out of the house sometimes!
    6) pray! God knows your baby and your body best - He made both of them!