Night time munchies

Options
Is there any way to cure the night time munchies? Do you have a great cure for it? :sad: I do great during the day but my downfall is late at night and I have a hard time telling myself NO. HELP!:embarassed:

Replies

• arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I can tell you what I do...three things
    1) if I have a few calories left over I'll have a serving of pretzels or pirate booty
    2) drink water or a nice hot cup of tea
    3) go to bed

Nighttime is the worst for me. That's when I did all of my "bad" eating - trying to keep awake to do homework or work work. School is starting in a few weeks, so I'll see how it works. I think I'm going to rely on a hundred calories left over so I can get a snack.
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    drink a LOT of tea, hot cocoa, and other 'comfy' drinks that relax you. When you get nighttime munchies, often they are out of a desire to fully satisfy and relax yourself. If you've already eaten all you need to or if you get naughty cravings beyond what is reasonable/moderate, just have a cup of hot cocoa (preferably low sugar/low cal - I make my own from stevia, unsweetened cocoa, and hot water with a splash of almond milk) and listen to some emotional music or watch a tv show you can really invest in emotionally. Night time is the time most people desperately try to soothe their emotions through the habits they developed over the years. It will take a while to rewire your brain but it's such an amazing feeling when you realize you no longer want to drown your sorrows in bags of crisps or a box of doughnuts and ice cream. :P
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I drink tea and water. But I also let myself have a small snack every night. Usually cereal and/or some chocolate.
  • slimiwillbe125
    Options
    My problem is getting up in the middle of the night and eating. I dont even remember doing it alot of times until i find the empty bowl of cereal beside my bed in the morning. Who has that problem? Hard to control something you dont even know your doing.....now that's a little crazy i think! and comical!
  • grapegirl1
    grapegirl1 Posts: 22
    Options
    Go to bed and read a book.Keep a big glass of water by your bed. Go to sleep and wake up thinner. Good luck.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Lots of us struggle with this...i just had a 100 calorie bag of popcorn and a string cheese....my stomach is telling me i want something else but my head is saying...you dont need it....its a battle every night...jsut rest assured that there are lots of us out there fighting the same battle...and when you wake up in the morning and havent eaten the night before....you won:) and its a great feeling!