Overhanging belly fat? A name for that!

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    AB FLAB. Usually what I call it. Say it fast enough and it sounds like the AFLAC duck.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I call it my FatPack. I'm just sick of people calling it a "pooch". They mean "pouch". A pooch is a DOG!!!!!
    ....I'm calm.

But thanks OP, for this useless and interesting info. I love random facts :D

Lordyloo, I was a 3 or 4 (I can't really remember specifically) and now I'm a 1.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Well, I feel a little better about myself. I was a Grade 2, but now I'm a Grade 1! And it was damn hard to get there. I'm looking at the silver lining :smile:
  • lovingmomma1202
    Options
    I think I am at about 1.5 :( I can't wait for this flappy to go away but I am afraid with my reoccurring c-sections it will never go away... Anyone have any ideas on how to get it to slim down a little faster?
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    DIdn't know it really had a name...

Always called it the mommy belly.

I was really overweight before I had kids, then got even bigger with pregnancy.

It's better now, but no where near where I want it to be :(
  • mattsgrl98
    mattsgrl98 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I didn't know it had a scientific name lol! Heard alot of diff names like front butt, Dunlap, gunt (combo of gut and c*nt)...some of the names are cracking me up! I am scared to look at the grades :/
  • Nixenne
    Nixenne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I usually refer to it as my flabby flap. :| Stupid c-section. Grade 1, apparently...I guess it's somewhat comforting to know that it could be worse.

And this is probably TMI, but for me, that will be the most awesome NSV ever--not having to hold up the flabby flap to do maintenance "down there." :laugh:
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I just call it dunlap......dunlapped over my jeans

LMAO I love it!! XD I just call it a roll-over. Because it rolls over.
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Yes... I refer to mine as my Gunt... so terrible!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm with you all, joined in the ranks of women who have panniculuses (how is that pluralised??? :laugh: ) and want them GONE! I have had 5 kids, no c-sections, but with the last 2 pregnancies the excess weight went on under the baby belly and stayed put. I'm not quite even a stage 1. I've lost 24 lbs and it isn't as thick as it was, but isn't yet shrinking upwards, but I can see that with further weight loss it will.

You all have me cracking up with the different names for this thing! I just call it embarrassing. :blushing:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I've heard at referred to as a gunt for women and a gock for men lol
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My doc sometimes calls it an apron.

Often referred to as a "Fatty apron" in medical world - prefer pannus myself
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I call mine my joey pouch... you know, cuz the kangaroo carries his baby joey in his pouch... For the longest time I said with all that loose skin, I could probably fit a 9 month old back in there.

It's much much better now, but I don't think it'll ever go away on its own.
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    and Boobie-doo......My belly sticks out further than my boobie do.

This used to be me - sooo glad to say not anymore...still room for improvement but happy so far.
  • teemiller13
    teemiller13 Posts: 317
    Options
    and Boobie-doo......My belly sticks out further than my boobie do.

Boobie doo rolled me! LMAO