Cucumbers, cucumbers, and more cucumbers

Options

Replies

• sexyrosey
    sexyrosey Posts: 137
    Options
    cucumber, red onion,tomatoes,green pepper,and fat free olive oil dressing.

Slice everything thin place in a zip lock back and put in fridge for at least and hour. So yummy!
  • Rambo313
    Rambo313 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I use them instead of bread sometimes such a with tuna salad I put a bit in between two cucumber slices and make lil sandwiches .
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    wow....these are some great ideas, I must try some of these!!
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Chop up tomatoes, dukes, and red onion. Add a bit of feta, squeeze a lemon and add salt and pepper

YUMMMMMMMMMMY :-)

I have had this before, and I agree, it is YUMMY for sure!
  • dberrien
    dberrien Posts: 7
    Options
    Totally agree...juicing is the way to go. Throw in some celery, romaine lettuce & spinach and you're good to go!!!
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    chop them and add them to chopped tomatoes or cherry tomatoes cut in half and some chopped onion with italian dressing, makes a nice side salad.
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Slice them and put them on sandwiches :) English Cucumbers are the best!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I like cucumbers in sandwiches , with turkey ham, some tomato slices..
    or sliced with lemon and chilli powder.. YUM
  • tamtamzz
    tamtamzz Posts: 142
    Options
    This is great. My garden is teeming with cukes, and I have no idea what to with them! I've been using them in my water. It helps me drink it.
  • MrsVllnva
    MrsVllnva Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The Mexican way - slice them up, drizzle with lime juice, and chili powder!!
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Actually, I just snacked on one tonight which was out of the ordinary for me. I bought these snack size Sabra hummus cups at Costco. They are about 140 cals per cup, I think. I sliced up a cucumber and dipped it into the hummus. I started getting full so quick that I could not finish the whole cuke. Great low cal snack and healthy to boot! :happy:

Love this, thanks!
  • MrsVllnva
    MrsVllnva Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is great. My garden is teeming with cukes, and I have no idea what to with them! I've been using them in my water. It helps me drink it.

!!! I never thought to put them in water!! Going to try this - thanks!
  • mimonde18
    mimonde18 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job on your 22lbs weight loss.
  • cheree1969
    cheree1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have several recipes on my Pinterest page--look at the salad and the veggie boards at www.pinterest.com/issypal
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Purée with cilantro, mix in Greek yogurt, a little lemon juice and some black pepper -- yummy dip for veggies.
  • Zapata092100
    Options
    CUCUMBERS WITH RED CHILI POWDER.... THAT'S HOW WE DO IT:)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    cucumber ideas? here's one, toss it in the trash. they are repulsive, one of the few fruits I don't like.

unless it's pickled... :D
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Slice cukes thin, slice a small red onion as thin as possible and set aside. In a big bowl combine 1/2-3/4 cup red wine vinegar, 3 (not packed) tbsp of brown sugar, 1 tsp garlic, 1 cup warm water, 2 tbsp italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste and 1/4 cup diced pimetoes. Mix well, drop in sliced cukes and red onion and let it sit for a few hours then dig in. You can keep adding to it for about 4-5 days then start a new batch. Works good with Zucchini and yellow straight neck squash too.