500 left...what to eat?

Options
gayje
gayje Posts: 230 Member
I need some ideas please. I hace 500 cals left to eat today and need some low carb/fat and high protein/fiber ideas.

What would you choose to eat?

Replies

• msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Kroger makes a low carb yogurt "carb master" 60 calories and 4 gm of carb..not a lot of protein..grilled chicken breast patty..about 120cal; some tuna, low fat and low carbs..I struggle with finding good things too that's not loaded with carbs!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese or greek yoghurt with some fruit mixed in. I cannot think of something high in protein and fibre but low in carbs and fat to be honest.
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I had a hot fudge sundae (small) from Dairy Queen with my 532 calories. That's probably not what you were thinking, but it was good.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    small handful of nuts. I usually eat nuts when i feel a meal or at the end of the day I'm not hitting my net cals or if the day lacked protein. If its in the evening and I've worked very hard and burned a lot I like to eat seasoned ones or light honey roasted, kind of like a treat. Its also great because a small amount goes a long way calorie wise so you wont be feeling bloated before bed. It isn't low fat but at least they aren't the bad fats.
  • gayje
    Options
    I had a hot fudge sundae (small) from Dairy Queen with my 532 calories. That's probably not what you were thinking, but it was good.

actually i WAS thinking of something like this but thought if i asked others i might be talked into something healthier :laugh:

i have farm fresh made peanut butter fudge in the fridge so tonight may be a cheat night afterall!
  • Silver14
    Silver14 Posts: 141
    Options
    Ok ok

100-200grams 1% cottage cheese mixed with, passionfruit, banana, muesli and top with some nuts or nut butter. Amazing!!
  • gayje
    Options
    Ok ok

100-200grams 1% cottage cheese mixed with, passionfruit, banana, muesli and top with some nuts or nut butter. Amazing!!

SOLD!!!! I had cottage cheese once today so I'll sub yogurt and top with mango, passionfruit and almonds. Now I'm drooling haha!
  • Kenzcool56
    Options
    My aunt told me a recipe. Might Not work if you don't like berries or yogurt. Put low fat yogurt in a glass (Margarita works best) Then add your favorite berries. Then just sprinkle some cinnimin on top! ^_^ Or eat a turkey sandwich. Maybe some string cheese?
  • crystalmath
    Options
    I have been making recipes for myself, and putting them on a website my husband made for me. All the main dish recipes are 300-500 calories. I haven't had time to input a whole bunch yet, but I am adding them slowly. You're welcome to use them if you like :)

http://crystalthegreat.org/

Good luck and happy eating!
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I actually really enjoy deli-turkey rolled up in swiss cheese for a snack. I don't usually do it because cheese is calorie dense, but if you have the calories to spare...
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Oats! Add some fruit or fake sugar into it :) yum. filling!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    With 500 cals you could have some chicken and veggies
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    A bowl of cereal. I love me my cereal.
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

actually i WAS thinking of something like this but thought if i asked others i might be talked into something healthier :laugh:

i have farm fresh made peanut butter fudge in the fridge so tonight may be a cheat night afterall!

Go for it!! I have a ton left too...I was just not very hungry today.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I mix Greek yogurt with fruit, chocolate protein powder and ice. Blend like when I was a kid and made ice cream soup. Yummy and healthy!
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I actually really enjoy deli-turkey rolled up in swiss cheese for a snack. I don't usually do it because cheese is calorie dense, but if you have the calories to spare...

I just saw a commercial for cheese that is only 40 calories a slice! It's really thinly sliced.
  • angieyu34
    angieyu34 Posts: 8
    Options
    So this is my first day on my fitness pal, and a lot of this is a little confusing. Do I need to be looking at my carbs, fats, protein and the rest, or do I just pay attention to my calorie intake? Can someone let me know, please, thank you. Add me as a friend. I'm 34 and want to lose 35 lbs. I have tried juicing and lost 30 lbs., but now i'm stuck.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted this question--- I go through this every day!
  • Silver14
    Silver14 Posts: 141
    Options
    Ok ok

SOLD!!!! I had cottage cheese once today so I'll sub yogurt and top with mango, passionfruit and almonds. Now I'm drooling haha!

Oooh yea with mango! You go Girl :)
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    So this is my first day on my fitness pal, and a lot of this is a little confusing. Do I need to be looking at my carbs, fats, protein and the rest, or do I just pay attention to my calorie intake? Can someone let me know, please, thank you. Add me as a friend. I'm 34 and want to lose 35 lbs. I have tried juicing and lost 30 lbs., but now i'm stuck.

Hey just read your post. It's great that you're new to MFP. Here you track what you want to track. If you want to incorporate more protein, then you can use their suggested goals or set your own. If you need to monitor and cut back on sodium or calories, same thing. What I did is I calculated my total calorie intake daily, protein, fat, and carbs then set my goals to what is a healthy range because it's important to eat the right stuff, but I want to eventually get a flatter stomach. I want to loose a little bit of weight, so I use a lower calorie goal. Here you can monitor your eating and exercise habits so that you stay on top of your daily nutrition needs.
    ps
    friend request sent :)