What is your favorite exercise?

Options

Replies

• mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    Does sleeping count??? :wink: Oh, ok - well I guess the elliptical and the recumbant bike. And I love yoga, but am just a beginner and don't have a good program yet. When I get a little bit smaller, I hope to incorporate swimming! I have fibromyalgia and arthritis so since I'm just starting I've got to go easy until I can actually do a push up or a plank without feeling like I weigh 1000 pounds. (Can anyone tell me when THAT will happen??) :ohwell: I want to start lifting weights, etc but sort of nervous about it. I would love to eventually do stuff like the Turbo Jam, 30 day Shredd, and Insanity - but not sure if I can handle yet. From the comments of my friends, that sounds like fun! :flowerforyou:
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    weighted pullups/chins (he means jumping jacks)

Fixed
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    ive got to say either spin class or boxing.

Im trying to get into running, but so far its just not doing it for me.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I really like Kettlebell snatches and Turkish Get Ups.
  • ZeroWoIf
    Options
    My personal favorite exercise is truck tire flips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vR2HCelbPZw

2nd has to be Deadlift

3rd has to be any other compound exercise.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Dancing!
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I really like Kettlebell snatches and Turkish Get Ups.

What are Turkish get ups?
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    S-E-X! I don't count the calories though..they are just FREEBIES for when I go over my calories!!! LOL
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    1. Deadlifts. I love me some deadlifts.
    2. Squats
    3. Chinups (once I can do them unassisted. Getting close)
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I know we struggle trying to finish a particular exercise move or circuit, but it seems like once you can finish a workout strong you start to love certain moves and begin to push yourself to a whole new level because you have confidence... so here is my question...

What is your favorite exercise move/circuit and why?

I love any type of push ups and running....

Push-ups because it works the whole body.. I am not at the point of doing a "perfect push up".. My butt is still up in the air and I do not go down as far as Shaun T, BUT I can feel everything working and I see results!

Running because I was fat my whole life and i sat on the side lines eating nutty bars (does anyone remember those? Dang they are good!) and now I COMPETE in 5k runs and am currently training for my first 1/2 marathon, and I can say I AM A RUNNER!

I feel very inspired by anyone who went from not running at all to running in 5ks and marathons and stuff. That's awesome!

My own answer: zumba, and weight machines. I also walk on the treadmill which is okay, but only with some real kick *kitten* music.
  • callen07
    callen07 Posts: 21
    Options
    Zumba! I can dance for hours no matter how tiring it is, so I get to work out without actually feeling like I'm working out, and I still get results from it
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE lifting weights.
  • alexluong
    alexluong Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    1h reverse grip tricep pulldowns.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    Water aerobics! If you haven't tried it, you should... It is WAY harder than it looks, easy on joints, overall total body workout and with weights and gloves on I can burn 800 calories in one hour. Not to mention even though I am sweating I don't feel like I'm sweating, so I can continue to push hard through the full hour.
    Any kind of water exercises are pheonomenal!!!
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Well I have 3: 1.CrossFit WODs 2.The Ninety Nine 3. Zumba
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    1. Pull-ups
    2. Deadlifts
    3. Squats
    4. Bench Press
    5. Dips
    6. Push-ups
    7. Jumping Jacks
  • ZeroWoIf
    Options
    1h reverse grip tricep pulldowns.

Triceps are fun to workout. I like to do skull crushers every other week.
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Does sleeping count??? :wink: Oh, ok - well I guess the elliptical and the recumbant bike. And I love yoga, but am just a beginner and don't have a good program yet. When I get a little bit smaller, I hope to incorporate swimming! I have fibromyalgia and arthritis so since I'm just starting I've got to go easy until I can actually do a push up or a plank without feeling like I weigh 1000 pounds. (Can anyone tell me when THAT will happen??) :ohwell: I want to start lifting weights, etc but sort of nervous about it. I would love to eventually do stuff like the Turbo Jam, 30 day Shredd, and Insanity - but not sure if I can handle yet. From the comments of my friends, that sounds like fun! :flowerforyou:

The same lady that does the 30 day shred has a beginner dvd, like front and rear or something. I haven't tried it though.
    For aerobics I like the Leslie Sansone ones, they really aren't just walking.
  • tristalamothe
    tristalamothe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Elliptical, Swimming & Hot Yoga
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Mountain biking, cycling, spin class