Slacker!

Options
4th time around losing the same weight. So frustrating to where I lost interest, but yet, knowing that I need to get back on track. Not sure what it is that is making me feel blah and not wanting to do a darn thing. Just plain lazy! I have no excuse to not exercise. I have equipment at home. Wondering if anyone else is having the same problem? If so, do tell. And what made you get back on your feet?
Thank you all, in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SirRunningShorts
    SirRunningShorts Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    1st off, knock that crap off! We all have ups and downs, good days and bad ones. You are going to feel motivated and then you will lose interest at times. But you didn't gain the weight overnight and you aren't going to lose it overnight. It is going to take time and patience. You are here, with the right people, and you know a lot of the right things to do. And you know how to make yourself do it.

My best advice to you (not sure if you even asked for my advice) you need to stop exercising and start doing activities. Exercise is boring, hard, painful..... but an activity is something that you can do that you enjoy doing.... you look forward to it. If you hate the sight of Jillian, try someone else... hate being in your house - walk around the mall, try yoga, Pilates, HIIT Classes, ride a bike, go hiking, gardening, .... do something that you have wanted to try... or something you enjoy doing... THAT is what is going to keep you coming back. If you hate doing sit-ups, MORE sit-ups isn't going to help. This is your journey and your lifestyle change. Just because the elliptical burns lots of calories doesn't mean you like to do it. You are better off going to the pool if that is what you love and you are going to enjoy doing it. What do YOU like to do?? I promise you'll be taking time to be active and burn calories when you are doing something you love.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster. I hated exercise but I did it because I wanted to lose weight. I tried Jillian Michaels, I couldn't stand her so I moved on. Now Shaun t. is so motivating and so hot that I enjoy the workout. lets face it, if you don't enjoy it then you wont stick with it. So find something you love and do it.