Why am I not seeing my body change?

Options
Ok, so I have lost 30 pounds since March 2012 and everyone around me says they can see a change but when I look in the mirror I see absolutely NO difference! It is the most frustrating thing in the world. I know I am losing weight because of the scale and the way my jeans fit, I just would like to be able to see it myself. Does anyone else have this problem???

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have lost over 50lbs, but some days I still see my fat self in the mirror.

It's all in your head.

Tell yourself you look different and you will start seeing it.
    It's hard, because you see yourself everyday, try comparing pictures instead.
  • hlw5112
    hlw5112 Posts: 33
    Options
    If you're looking in the mirror often, your eyes won't automatically notice if you've changed or not, because it's harder to see things on a gradual scale.

Something you could try is to look at a before-after picture, where the gradual-factor is eliminated. :)
  • VintageFit
    VintageFit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Something great I've seen is - find an old picture of you, then take a new one in the same pose. Put them over each other in a paint-program and trace your new bodyshape over the old one.
    You'll be surprised!
    Most people don't see any changes because, as said before, you see yourself everyday. It's hard to notice big changes if you've been gradually exposed to them anyway. But looking back at old pictures and comparing them makes you realize how much your body has changed.
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    If you're looking in the mirror often, your eyes won't automatically notice if you've changed or not, because it's harder to see things on a gradual scale.

Something you could try is to look at a before-after picture, where the gradual-factor is eliminated. :)

This.

Also, I find that exercise is the thing that most helps me notice I've lost weight. If you can see more definition in your muscles, it's a real motivator. Well, it is for me.