Only have 20 pounds to go!

Options
I'm trying to lose 20 - 25 pounds by Christmas. I'm 138 - 140 now, and 5'3 - 5'4". I'm a girl, and I'm 18. (My profile says 23 because my parents, who know I'm on this site, don't like for me to put my real birthday in my information, although I AM saying my real age here - they don't know about that). According to three different sites, my BMR (including exercise) is 2100 - 2300 calories so I'm not sure how many to eat to lose 1 - 2 pounds a week, or, 5 pounds a month.

Here is my workout plan:

Mon, Wed, Fri: I'll be doing 20 minutes of strength training (I already have a decent amount of muscle, but yes, some of my weight IS fat, too), alternating muscle groups, followed by 35 - 45 minutes of intense cardio. During my cardio, my heart rate is up the whole time. I only take 2 small breaks to get a drink. I don't want to get too thirsty.

Tues, Thurs: I'll do 15 minutes of HIIT in the morning, before eating breakfast. In the afternoon, I'll do 30 minutes of cardio (varying the exercises I do). During those 30 minutes, my heart rate will be up the whole time.

I'll rest on Saturday and Sunday. Also, on top of exercise, I usually do about 30 minutes of some sort of chores, and I usually play 45 - 60+ minutes of WII in the evening. I know it doesn't count as exercise, but it is more calories being burned.

I was thinking on Mon, Wed and Fri to eat about 1500 calories, and on Tues and Thurs to eat about 1700 and on the days I don't exercise I'll eat about 1200.

Any tips, comments, critics? How many calories do you think I should eat?

PS. Please don't tell me to talk to a professional. I can't, I don't have the money. I also cannot afford to go to the doctor. Thank you!

Also, I keep my diet clean. With lots of vegetables, fruits. whole grains, nuts, chicken, water, and green tea - no sugar added. :)

Replies

• Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good for you, I have about 65 more to lose. ha ha I'm not sweating it. Actually I am sweating but not from worries. ha ha.
    You should just work out as much as possible over the next couple of months, so you can hit goal faster and have some room for toning. That's all i can say. I'm 5ft 4in and 135 is my goal too. Good luck and keep up the good work.
  • J4n3t
    J4n3t Posts: 2
    Options
    I only have 20 pds. to go also. I usually do that but tend to eat more on the wknds. And that is bad! But I like your idea on doing less calories on wknd when you dnt exercise. I usually just take Sundays off. But sometimes I do Saturday and Sunday. Also what helps me is to vary. For example I switch from day to day I always do some kind of cardio whether its running, walking, tennis, treadmill, or jus a cardio machine, then each day I focus on different areas of my body. I heard its good to switch it up that way your body does not get bored or use to just doiing the same thing. So like today I ran for my cardio and then focused on my tummy, so I did sets of Abs. Tomorrow I'll do Cardio and arms. Day after that I'll do cardio and legs, and then start again w/ cardio and abs. Also for lunch you can try adding two cups of greens and fruits. That way you get veggies in afternoon and later. Well keep up the good work, and hope some of this is helpful!
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    im thinking increase your intake on the day you don workout to 1500,that will rev up your metabolism.Im positive that this should work for you.good luck girl.