Anyone have horses?

Options
Hi all,

New to MFP about 5 days. Downloaded the iPad app after the gal at gnc recommended it. So far it's one of my favorites. Now I'd like to have some friends to help keep me accountable. Anyone out there have horses? I've ridden all my life and that probably kept the weight off. After having my son, I stopped riding as much and have gained far too much weight. I still have horses (1 QH and a pony for my daughter) and am hoping to start riding more frequently.

Would love to meet and get to know other horse enthusiasts!

Ramsey

Replies

• FretheMJsmokingcannibal
    Options
    I don't have horses but I do volunteer at a 4-h program in town and I've ridden some. I'd LOVE LOVE to become a horse racer!!
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yep me! I have one 12 year old Anglo Arab - we used to ride dressage, but I have just had to retire him due to an injury. I am so sad. But it gives me more time to slim down for those dreaded white breeches, you western girls really have the better deal when it comes to clothes!

And welcome to this site - it has been invaluable to me learning how to make my life better :happy:
  • ChuckyRae
    ChuckyRae Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have 6 horses here; 2 are my sister's Arabs. I have a Paint and a Black QH, blood bay Arab, and Palomino/Appy cross. I have not ridden for about a year and a half. I have hip dysplasia in which the pain has become almost excruciating even with the cortizone shots and taking Celebrex. I hope losing weight will take away some of the pain from the weight and take away some of the pressure that may be coming from the fat against nerves and other parts of my body. I do groundwork with the horses, feed, water, and build fences; I do have plenty to keep me active. :wink: