Gained weight from showering? wth?

Options
Had a great day and weighed myself naked to see I had lost a pound from this morning and was at 185.7. Then I took a shower, used reatroom, brushed teeth and shaved. I weighed myself naked again before leaving the bathroom and it read 187. wht the heck? any help or ideas as to why?

Replies

• gogophers
    gogophers Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Imprecise scale possibly. Possible you had water left on you. Perhaps your body absorbed some of the water. Given the amount of gain and the fact that you went to the bathroom, I'd have to guess it's an imprecise scale.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Had a great day and weighed myself naked to see I had lost a pound from this morning and was at 185.7. Then I took a shower, used reatroom, brushed teeth and shaved. I weighed myself naked again before leaving the bathroom and it read 187. wht the heck? any help or ideas as to why?
    Most scales are only accurate to about 1%. So your real weight can be anywhere from 183.83 to 187.5, and still within the realm of the manufacturing tolerance for those scales.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Washed your hair?
  • CountDown321
    CountDown321 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Your skin absorbs a lot of water in the shower as well.
  • StormyGal8
    StormyGal8 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Your skin absorbs a lot of water in the shower as well.

this...and your hair too! And if you think, all the hair and all the skin on your body absorb water....and water is heavy...it can add up.
  • cfloresmt
    cfloresmt Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    weight fluctuates a lot. I go up and down ~2kgs during the day, especially after the gym. Don't worry about it too much. Weight is an easy pointer, but focus on body fat, muscle and bone mass. Those are the numbers you should be concerned about.
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    depends how hydrated you are. If you have plenty of water in your system and you take a hot shower you'll lose a little if not you will gain a little and then obviously if you don't dry off really well that makes a difference too.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    That's where the phrase...So and so weighs x pounds soaking wet...comes from (when talking about a slender person). The absorbed water adds a little weight.
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You were wet, plus probably drank water while brushing your teeth. Also your weight fluctuates all day long. I only weigh myself after I go to the washroom when I first wake up, if I forget, I dont weigh myself till the next morning. You weigh yourself at the same time, in the same circumstances