Tanning

Options
c2h5m8h6
c2h5m8h6 Posts: 84 Member
Hey everyone I know this is not weight loss related at all but does anyone else have problems with getting a tan on there legs?? were goting away soon and really dont want to have a spray tan (dont want anybody else looking at my nearly naked body apart from my partner ) Ive always had a problem tanning my legs Ive made sure Ive sat out most of the day in shorts in all the sunny weather weve had this year Im tanning up top but not on my legs there ghostly wight :( any body got any ideas on how to get my legs looking more tanned before i go away in 3 weeks??

Replies

• gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    mine dont tan at all! I know that dont help you but i even went on a walk yesterday in shorts in hope I'd get a tan and nope I did that for nothing.

Have you tried any of the moisturises with a light tan build up in?
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Ok so I used to work at a tanning salon for 3 years in college and they called us tanning experts so I will attempt to field this question. To tan your legs outside in the sun, I would mix an oil base with a separate light spf. This will help get them a brown tan while still protecting them from over exposure aka burning. You can also get your own 'self-tanner' lotion or just a simple moisturizer with a light bronzer. You should be able to find Jergens natural glow locally. Apply it to your legs each day prior to this trip in 3 weeks. Self tanners are purely cosmetic and do not help protect you outside against the suns rays. You have a few options. Good luck.

If you do spray tan, I suggest tanning in a bed first. It's called a tanning cocktail. Don't go for too long in the bed if your 'ghostly white'. Tanning in a bed prior to the spray tan allows your pours to open up. You will also get a more natural looking tan that will last longer and fade in to the sun you acquire on vacation. YEAH BUDDY
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    I just love my natural tan
  • c2h5m8h6
    Options
    i have tried these but for some reason they either done take or go streaky :( thank for your help hun
  • c2h5m8h6
    Options
    thats a great idea hun not wanting a spray tan but will try the oil bases and sun lotion :D
  • c2h5m8h6
    Options
    I just love my natural tan
    Id love a natural tan but dont tan on my legs :(
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I work at a tanning bed and that is one of the biggest problems. I always recommend using a tingle lotion on your legs! You can use it outside too (But I wouldn't suggest using it if you are going to be out in the sun for a long amount of time.) It just gives you legs that extra boost to get some color. Bronzing lotions won't be a huge help. The show up really quick, but you shower and they are gone. Always use a light bronzing lotion is you use one.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I recommend using a tanning oil :)

I am super pale & may not be the best person to give tanning advice HAHA, but the only way I can get any color if I lay out is using tanning oil.

♥Melissa
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I work at a tanning bed and that is one of the biggest problems. I always recommend using a tingle lotion on your legs! You can use it outside too (But I wouldn't suggest using it if you are going to be out in the sun for a long amount of time.) It just gives you legs that extra boost to get some color. Bronzing lotions won't be a huge help. The show up really quick, but you shower and they are gone. Always use a light bronzing lotion is you use one.

Tingle lotion is good on your legs and the rest of your body... just not your face. Don't get any on your face!