Row the world game... 3. IT's Back !!!

Options
LeeKetty1176
LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
Yes ok it's been a while so thought i would offer up one of my round the world games (yes it was my idea first!)

The basic idea is, as a team convert your "cals burnt" in to miles, which moves your boat around the track

<https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004b6be7744564fff77d&msa=0&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=18.979026,52.03125&spn=144.714967,10.898438&t=m&z=2&vpsrc=6&gt;

1) Need to be in teams of six, and one to act as skipper and contact to me.
2) The Skipper is to get their team cals and convert to miles and submit to me as often as possible
3) The ratio is 1 cal per .05 mile.....ie if a team member submits a 600 cal burn x that by 0.5 to get 300 miles
4) If a team member is away or on holiday the team can sub in a new team member, or the team member away can submit any cals while away all at once.
5) the odd challenge day might be thrown in as and when, so team skippers should FR me to see any new reports.
6) when submitting miles, team skiipers should only submit the miles from the last report, not the grand total.

I work out that a team of six people, each burning around 600 cals per day will complete in around 30 days.

If you have a team please PM me a list of your team, and who is the skipper, plus a team name and a logo should you wish.

This will be starting on Aug 1st !!!!

any questions post on here or PM me !!!!

Lee

Replies

• leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    WOOHOOO
  • MyFriendLinn
    MyFriendLinn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    woooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooo, I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pulling out my rowing gloves from the back of my dresser, can't find my goggles, going to set my google map, buy a few protein snacks.......put me on a team, Master Commander!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Wahoo! I am so very excited! We have three people on our team already. I will get ya the info as soon as I get it all set up
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I just want to add, that I am running that game, but will not skipper a team, so if anyone needs a spare man ????
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Yay! The ORIGINAL Row the World game!!! Right on Lee, thanks for bringing it back!

Going to see if I can jump on a team :)
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    The original and best. It's still number one - it's Top of the Pops! Er... I mean it's Ketty's Row the World game... don't know if I can compete this time, but I'll be cheering from the banks and making inappropriate "cox" jokes.

:wink: :drinker:
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lee! I still think you should get royalties!!!

Would love to participate...
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    So excited! I'm rounding up my regulars!!:smile: Can't wait!!
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You rock Lee!! I've skippered before and it's not an easy task, fun, but not easy. If any of my friends are thinking about putting a team together let me know.
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I've got a crew of 6 assembled! Just working on a Ship Name! :happy:

Thank for doing this again Lee! YOU ROCK!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I just want to add, that I am running that game, but will not skipper a team, so if anyone needs a spare man ????
    We would live to have you on our team...after all someone might have influenced you a little ;):love:
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    This is just what I need to get myself back in the game!!! Thanks Lee! I'm IN!!!
  • silversong24
    silversong24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am interested if anyone needs an extra body :laugh:
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in for whatever team wants me!!
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Just trying to put a group together. Let me know if anyone wants to joins us.
    Denise
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    Looks fun...good luck to all the participants.
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSS ;) I am in :) Now I have to figure out if I can skipper or not ;)
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Lee... I'll have a team! Will PM you the names soon! :)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Excited!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be included in this. I have PM'd a friend in hopes of joining her team!