ONLY 1LB OF FAT!

Options
One Pound of Fat

Hello! Do you know me? If you don't, you should.
I am ONE POUND OF FAT, and I am the happiest pound of FAT that you would ever want to meet!

Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me! After all, I am only ONE POUND OF FAT. Just ONE POUND. Everyone wants to lose 3 or 5 or 15 pounds, but never ONLY one.

So, I just stick around and happily keep you. Then I am free to add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice...

That is, until I have grown to 10, 20 or even 30 pounds in weight...

YES... it is fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT... left to do just as I please.

So, when you weigh in, go ahead... just keep on saying, "Oh I only lost one pound." (As if that is so terrible.) For you see, if you do this, you will encourage others to hang around me because they will think that I am not worth losing.

And I LOVE being around you... your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips, and every other part of you. HAPPY DAYS! After all, I am ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

---author unknown---

I love this poem and evrytime when I feel disappointed with my weighloss I read this. :smile:

Replies

• taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. I needed this inspiration this morning. I have a 1 pound of fat candle that I won at a WW meeting... 1 pound is a 1 pound gone:flowerforyou:
  • Monnietron
    Monnietron Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love it, thank you!
  • dawnblu
    dawnblu Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    yep only 4 sticks of butter! that's all! It's all in the perspective... love this! :tongue:
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Love this! When my friends become discouraged because they "ONLY lost one pound", I tell them it's one pound they should never see again.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Lol, that's perfect! :D