I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

Options
Okay, I have to rant for a second. For the past two months or so, my breakfasts have included a cup of egg whites. Well, this morning, I've come to the conclusion that I've had enough damn egg whites! I'm literally sick to my stomach, and get nauseous when I look at the uneaten portion! Is anyone else out there sick of egg whites? And what are you eating in it's place? I'm thinking for a while I'll opt for a scoop of whey protein....

Replies

• SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    smoothies are my new thing. you can make them with whatever. if i use them for an entire meal i add the whey protien powder. I'm loving them. I would get sick of egg whites too.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I can only take egg whites once in a while, I agree that they can make one gag. I need hot & spicy soysage or soyrizo tossed into whites to mask the, well, ickyness.
    I'm a fan of steel cut oats with dried fruit and pecans, soysage on toast, fat free yogurt with some fruit, grits with a little fat free cheddar and green chile, spirutein in an oj/banana/ice smoothie. Ok, now I'm hungry. I hope you're happy......
    :laugh:
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it would turn anyone's stomach. What about regular eggs? Or are you off eggs generally? You don't really need to eat breakfast foods for breakfast. Why not make extra of the previous night's dinner and have that instead?
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with Fiber One cereal......yum!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it would turn anyone's stomach. What about regular eggs? Or are you off eggs generally? You don't really need to eat breakfast foods for breakfast. Why not make extra of the previous night's dinner and have that instead?

This. I eat two whole eggs every morning for breakfast. Granted I'm sure I wont want it all the time. Also, a spoonfull of alond butter with some fruit (eg sliced apple and blueberries)
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with Fiber One cereal......yum!

I second this! Low fat greek yogurt with cereals, nuts or honey. I love greek yogurt!
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I tried eating egg whites... yuck! I'd rather eat the entire egg. I can live with a few extra calories.

Maybe try making some granola and have it with fresh fruit and yogurt.
    http://beautyandbedlam.com/healthy-homemade-granola-recipe/
  • ruther345
    ruther345 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I live on a farm and we have chickens so we have fresh organic eggs. They taste great plain but I would get sick of them if I had them everyday. Once a week is enough. I like oatmeal or cereal or some quioa with some kind of fruit. Maybe some ground flax seed. It's all about variety from day to day for me.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    1 or 2 aunt jamima blueberry waffles with nothing on them with my coffee.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I can only take egg whites once in a while, I agree that they can make one gag. I need hot & spicy soysage or soyrizo tossed into whites to mask the, well, ickyness.
    I'm a fan of steel cut oats with dried fruit and pecans, soysage on toast, fat free yogurt with some fruit, grits with a little fat free cheddar and green chile, spirutein in an oj/banana/ice smoothie. Ok, now I'm hungry. I hope you're happy......
    :laugh:

I don't know what soysage is, but I'd rather choke down some egg whites. :sick:
  • ashwee731
    ashwee731 Posts: 2
    Options
    I like to have turkey sausage in a tortilla with mustard, or I have just started drinking green smoothies. They look gross but you cant taste the spinach that makes it green. It's really delicious. I, also, got to the point the look, smell and taste of eggs or egg whites in the morning makes me sick. You have to give yourself some variety or you will get bored and give up. Looks like you are doing a great job! Keep it up!
  • ChrisJ2626
    ChrisJ2626 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! I just had to rant, I literally want to throw up right now. I'll definitely incorporate some of your guys ideas. I normally do a cup of whites with a 1/4 cup of fat free cheese. It's loaded with protein.
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have spinach with greek yogurt and various veggies on a sprouted grain wrap some mornings or steel cut oats and fruit. I also add egg whites to the wrap sometimes.
    I am just starting to like kale and pear smoothies as well.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    When I was doing just protein for breakfast I too got sick of eggs. Morning Star Farms makes a meatless sausage patty (i hated the links) that was really tasty and I used to have one for breakfast every morning. They also make "burger" patties of all types of flavors and those are good, too, plus have variety.

Now I do shakes in the morning b/c I don't really like solid foods that early anymore. I do mostly protein with some fruit.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 full eggs per day, love em!
  • allirep
    allirep Posts: 26
    Options
    I am borrowing a link I saw on another forum - if you want eggs - change the recipes!
    http://pinterest.com/chibiseira/nom-paleo-incredible-edible-eggs/
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have discovered Kashi Go Lean Almond Crunch. I am in love with it. You can have 1 cup and it has 9 grams of protein in it. I also like 1/2 cup of vanilla whey powder, 1 tblsp natural peanut butter, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1 truvia packet and water for a nice smoothie!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've never been a fan of eggs in general (whites or whole). When I eat breakfast (whch isn't often) I usually either have a Kashi frozen waffle with soynut butter or peanut butter and a splash of pure maple syrup or some non-traditional breakfast food (leftovers from dinner, hummus and apple slices, chips and salsa, ... whatever is on hand and easy).
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I've started using pancake mix with a scoop of whey protein. Then I spread some peanut butter on it. Mmmm so good!!!
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Try this - its almost a treat and less than 400 calories

fage 0% yogurt in a bowl
    add strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
    dust with ground flax seed and a few walnut pieces
    grate 1 small square 85% coca lindt linder (or any high cocoa content chocolate) on top.