done to death - breaking a plateau

Options
2»

Replies

• alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I am going to post what I put in another post for you....

Sit it out kiddo... you might be gaining some serious muscle. Do yourself a favor now. Throw the scale out, only check 1x a week if that, start using the measuring tape and invest in a body fat tester and use the mirror too! I went 3-4 weeks with no weight change, I actually went up 2-3 pounds however I lost 1% body fat and overall around 2 inches. So I knew I wasn't in a plateau. But it took me pounding my head against the wall like you to figure that out. You are doing everything right. Don’t change a thing and ride it out. Also make sure you are doing 3 days of cardio and 3 days of weights, if you are not already. That will always help!
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am going to post what I put in another post for you....

Sit it out kiddo... you might be gaining some serious muscle. Do yourself a favor now. Throw the scale out, only check 1x a week if that, start using the measuring tape and invest in a body fat tester and use the mirror too! I went 3-4 weeks with no weight change, I actually went up 2-3 pounds however I lost 1% body fat and overall around 2 inches. So I knew I wasn't in a plateau. But it took me pounding my head against the wall like you to figure that out. You are doing everything right. Don’t change a thing and ride it out. Also make sure you are doing 3 days of cardio and 3 days of weights, if you are not already. That will always help!

Thanks Alexis, this is frustrating to say the least. Doubt that I am putting on much muscle since I am lifting light not heavy (will change that up a bit to slightly heavier - bad rotator cuffs and I am not going to risk them). Fortunately it is only 3 weeks so far. If it was 3-months I'd be seeing a shrink.