I need Lots of help

Options
Its been a BAD month for me! i had finally gotten 4 pounds under and then started to EAT EAT EAT! I was in a car wreck 6 weeks back and am still getting treated for it. ( its hard to workout like I was) And its the anniversary of my son's death next week so have been comfort eating! Any suggestions? I don't want to ruin all of my hard work in a month!

Replies

• charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have never been in this situation before, but when my ex was injured at work she put a TON of weight on. Mostly because she just accepted it as a fact that she would, so she ate a ton of bad things for her. If you can't work out, what things CAN you do? If you hurt your back, are there weight training, things you are allowed to do? If you hurt your leg, what about arms and vice versa. That would be what I would do. And with the bad stuff, you KNOW it's a problem. Right? So why not, blog about it? Keep your self accountable based on the fact that someone might be reading what you write. Maybe talk to a close friend about your weight loss. I am a week or so out from when I quit smoking. The best thing I have done is told my best friends about it. They, even though they still smoke, stop smoking around me to make it easier for me. And they encourage me to not want to. I don't know if any of this will help as I am no expert. But--- you have done awesome so far. Keep going, because you are doing great!

:)
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself when you stress eat. We all do things we shouldn't do. If you stress eat try to eat healthy things- yogurt, nuts- and whole foods instead of junk.

Talk and/or walk (if you are able instead of eating). Meditate- yoga. Meet a friend or relative in the park to talk instead of eat. If you eat have low calorie fruits and vegetables.

I visit the grave when I have a bad day and talk. There are plenty people out there that do the same thing so don't feel embarrassed or uncomfortable because this is for you. I once saw a young man sitting and crying over his mother's grave. I was glad that he still felt her love enough to miss it.

I am praying for your peace and good health :flowerforyou: .
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with Ivy. Better advice than mine. I like that she said FIRST, forgive yourself. I like that a lot.
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    Remember that your son would want the best for you. He would want you to be happy and healthy. Use that to inspire you to do what you can. That means not beating yourself up over a few pounds as well as getting back on track.