What if you're not hungry?

Options
For instance, I woke up this morning and I'm just not hungry. Do you force yourself to eat? I've always been of a mind that particlarly for breakfast I should buck up and get it down me. I'd like to know what other people think.

Replies

• MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    *crickets chirping* Oooookay. Thanks!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    If you don't want breakfast, then don't have it. It doesn't matter for weight-loss purposes when you eat. In general, I wouldn't force yourself to eat if you're not hungry.

If you're consistently eating under your calorie goal then that would be different and it would be worth considering that you are not hungry because your body has adapted to the smaller amount of calories it's getting. I know that if I undereat for a while, I lose my appetite. If I start eating more again, I get really hungry! Appetite (or lack therof) can sometimes be a bit misleading.

If it's just now though - it's no problem. Skip breakfast, and make up for it later. Or, eat a bit less today, and eat a bit more tomorrow.
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I woke up completely indifferent to breakfast. My main worry was that I'd become ravenous later and be on the job where I couldn't get something. Then I'd go nuts and screw up my eating for the day. I'm gonna try out what you suggested and do my best to have a healthy snack on hand in case of emergency. heh

Of course, I went ahead and had breakfast this morning and I'm feeling a little yuck right now. I hope I level out.