5'5" 135 lbs want to lose 10 & strong - anyone else?

Just looking for some lovely ladies in the same boat. Would love to compare workouts, motivation, etc!

I'm 5'5 135 lbs and would like to lose 10 lbs of fat and get rid of the jiggly belly!! I lift heavy 2 times a week (NROLFW) and am training for a half marathon. I eat around 1500 calories plus exercise cals. Trying to eat very clean, though once or twice a week we do eat something convenient.

What do you ladies do? What has helped you the most?

Replies

• rissy3403
    rissy3403 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! I'm 5'5 and 138 lbs. I'm looking to get down to around 125. I'm also running and training for my first full marathon in October. For strength training, I do pole fitness/dancing. I have a pole at my house and about every other day I go through a routine that works mostly my core and upper body. Since I started, I've noticed a difference in looking a little more toned in my belly and back. My caloric goal on MFP is 1200 calories. I usually end up eating more than that because of added caloric allowance due to exercise. I'm also doing Atkins, so I eat mostly protein and veggies and carb controlled meal replacement bars.

My biggest motivation is the fitness feed on Pinterest! Lots of motivational pictures and sayings. My favorite says something like "No matter how slow you're going, you're still lapping everyone on the couch!" I have much better results when I exercise regularly, so I look for ways to help me feel excited about performing well physically. I've never tried lifting heavy. Seems intimidating! :)

The most challenging thing for me is my friends and family making me explain myself. My mother-in-law asked me if I wasn't enjoying my meal after I chose to eat just half of the giant bbq chicken thigh she served me yesterday. I was trying to do well eating, but I didn't want her to think I didn't like her cooking. I tried to explain myself, but I felt really guilty and embarrassed and ended up eating the rest of it, anyway. :( I also get a lot of counter-productive comments from friends like, "Come on, you can have a piece of cake...It's not going to kill you!" Sometimes I wish people would mind their own business about what I choose to eat! lol.
  • deviant7
    deviant7 Posts: 7
    I am 5'6", 130 and also want to lose 10 and get strong. :) I am also training for a half marathon. I'm a runner and have run the distance before, but have never raced a half before.
    My motivation is definitely looking good in my clothes, although its a bit rough now since I'm eating 1400 a day now and I am so used to eating whatever I want. Yikes!
  • jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    I'm 5'5" 128 lbs (started at 138). I'd like to lose another 10 more or so and really tone up. Feel free to add me :) I'm always looking for friends w/ similar goals.