Trouble eating all my calories

Is anyone having trouble eating all their calories for the day? I am on the recovery week for Insanity and I struggle with eating all of the calories advised. I just dont eat enough in one day. I'm finding it a part time job to plan a 40/40/20 split and actually consuming at least 1400 calories. I think my weight loss is stalling because I am not eating enough.Any advice? I would love to see what some people are eating.

Replies

• freemoney45
    freemoney45 Posts: 8 Member
    About an hour and a half prior to my workout I have a shake consisting of peanut butter, greek yogurt, banana, and milk which has 500 calories. Shakes are a great way to add additional calories and they're quick and easy. Plus it's loaded with carbs, fats, and protein to fuel your work out.
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Hey there

Add things that are light but high in calories, Nuts, seeds, avocado and olive oil! they are good for you too!
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    "Drinking" your calories is a great way if you're not meeting your goals, because it becomes so subconscious- and its easier to injest then say a sandwich. Shakes, like mentioned, are also a great way to cram in more 'positive' 'useful' calories for work out fueling.
  • cunfewzed1
    cunfewzed1 Posts: 80
    "Drinking" your calories is a great way if you're not meeting your goals, because it becomes so subconscious- and its easier to injest then say a sandwich. Shakes, like mentioned, are also a great way to cram in more 'positive' 'useful' calories for work out fueling.

Agreed along with BP and banana shake idea. I do this as well. To be honest, I don't think most people realize how many calories they drink to start with which hinders a lot of ppl's struggles with weight loss. I usually have a shake for desert after dinner to cap off the day and it brings me to my goal most of the time.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Why don't you try adding a bit more to each meal?? Say you have a pasta dish one day, try adding an extra 50g of meat, the sauce, some extra pasta, etc. if you add bits to each meal throughout the day you will notice you will be closer to your goal.

Don't always rely on a shake or anything that's just liquid. Have some nuts, avocado, etc. Like Clair mentioned, olive oil, I tend to use this instead of spray oil now because it adds like 40 calories every 5ml which is great. It also contains healthy fats which is what I am trying to get at the moment along with plenty of protein.
  • espohre
    espohre Posts: 6
    Thanks for the advice everyone! Starting month #2 on Monday and plan on incorporating your ideas!
  • LilyD4ever
    LilyD4ever Posts: 7 Member
    i am about to start insanity round two and Im having the same problem. i feel like i can barely eating all the calories im supposed to consume which is leading to not alot of muscle mass results