Weight Gain with Insanity

Options
2»

Replies

• knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    It's probably water or muscle. Don't let the scales mess with you. Give it another week and weight and measure again. I was the same way when i started the 30 day shred. I had gained around 4 lbs the first week and freaked out. But the next week i was all good. :)
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    No muscle gain here folks. You can't gain 3 lbs of muscles on a cardio based workout on a caloric deficit in ONE week.

^ This
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i hate hearing "muscle weighs more than fat". a pound of muscle = a pound of fat. she has not gained INCHES/THREE POUNDS of muscle in ONE WEEK.

she's retaining water.
  • ZarrX86
    ZarrX86 Posts: 38
    Options
    i hate hearing "muscle weighs more than fat". a pound of muscle = a pound of fat. she has not gained INCHES/THREE POUNDS of muscle in ONE WEEK.

she's retaining water.

yea, but when people say that they dont mean literally. a pound of muscle looks much different than a pound of fat, it is much denser so it looks smaller, so where 2 pounds of fat can take up you can fit like 5 pounds of muscle. thats not accurate whatsoever but it gets the point across.
  • BROscience_PHD
    BROscience_PHD Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    That has happened to me before (it's muscle) that your gaining
    false.
    Your false :)... could be muscle too could be water could be food, realistically its all three. If you deal in absolutes, usually means that your wrong since you don’t know for sure. The only way to tell is to have a body fat tester. You can gain about a pound of muscle a week from the start then it starts to dwindle from there after the first so on then it becomes harder.
    Read what everybody else wrote andhired that fur absolutes
  • lipsticknlattes
    lipsticknlattes Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, I would say that you aren't eating near enough to fuel your body for Insanity. I have done Insanity twice. Also, when you work muscles, you retain water, too. Just give it some time. And my honest opinion-eat at least 1500 calories a day to fuel those intense workouts. I had amazing results and got really cut with Insanity, and you will too!
  • tdelo7634
    tdelo7634 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That has happened to me before (it's muscle) that your gaining
    false.
    Your false :)... could be muscle too could be water could be food, realistically its all three. If you deal in absolutes, usually means that your wrong since you don’t know for sure. The only way to tell is to have a body fat tester. You can gain about a pound of muscle a week from the start then it starts to dwindle from there after the first so on then it becomes harder.
    Read what everybody else wrote andhired that fur absolutes
    Can not be muscle. No one can gain a pound of muscle a week naturally.