Friends needed!

Options
My family has not been very good support, so some motivation here would be great. And of course I will return the favor!

I'm on Week 4 of Couch to 5k. Anyone else going through the same plan would be fantastic help!

Replies

• ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Add me! Add me! I'm in the same boat as you are (although I haven't told my family too much but luckily my boyfriend is really supportive) I started C25K last week and I love it! I was so looking forward to doing week 2 day 2 this morning but it was raining so now I'm crossing my fingers it'll be clear this afternoon when I get out of work
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    YEAH, BEST ADVISE IS STAY AWAY FROM THE NEGATIVE LIBERAL MINDED WHO JUST TEAR DOWN AND NEVER BUILD UP A PERSON.
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    Add me too! You won't find better friends for your journey than here. The MFP site is the best! I would never be this close to my goal if I hadn't found MFP and the awesome friends, supporters, motivators, comedians and over al great people I found here.
  • idream72
    idream72 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can add me! :) I'm not doing C25K yet as I am doing another 8 week program right now, but I have done it and it truly does work miracles! If I can become a runner (and run a 5K) anyone can!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome it's a great site you May Add me,i ned suport aso.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    You can add me! :) I'm not doing C25K yet as I am doing another 8 week program right now, but I have done it and it truly does work miracles! If I can become a runner (and run a 5K) anyone can!
    What program/app are you using now?
  • idream72
    idream72 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What program/app are you using now?

I'm doing an 8 wk HIIT program. It looks like their site is having issues, but here it is: http://www.intervaltraining.net/Lose_Belly_Fat_Fast.html

I'm also doing upper and lower body strength training modeled after the Body For Life program. HIIT is explained in that book too. After I'm finished with the HIIT I'll start on C25K. :)

(I should mention that I have done these work outs before and I've had great results, I just gained it all back when I gave up that lifestyle--hence the reason I'm here! I'm starting over. :))