I need some help!

Hey everyone... i am new to this site, but have been dieting for awhile. This past week i began a weight loss program at a medical office and the doctor advised me to stay on a 1200 cal. diet until i lost alittle more weight. The problem that i am having is finding something easy and quick to make that will not taste awful...:laugh: I have three children so not only am i cooking for them but i have to cook myself something different so that i dont go over my count. If any of you can give me some good ideas of meals that are quick and easy that would be great!! I want to thank you in advance for responding to my post..... Thanks, Angela

Replies

• Hey everyone... i am new to this site, but have been dieting for awhile. This past week i began a weight loss program at a medical office and the doctor advised me to stay on a 1200 cal. diet until i lost alittle more weight. The problem that i am having is finding something easy and quick to make that will not taste awful...:laugh: I have three children so not only am i cooking for them but i have to cook myself something different so that i dont go over my count. If any of you can give me some good ideas of meals that are quick and easy that would be great!! I want to thank you in advance for responding to my post..... Thanks, Angela
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Hula Chicken with Rice
    4 Servings of 3 oz each

20 oz can pineapple slices packed in juice, undrained
    2 skinless chicken breasts split
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 c honey
    2 TB soy sauce
    3 TB cornstarch
    Grated peel of 1 lime
    2 c. quick rice
    2 c. water
    lime peel slivers for garnish

Rub chicken with garlic. Broil or grill chicken until cooked. While chicken is cooking, make the rice. Drain pineapple juice into a microwave dish. Stir in honey, lime juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and grated lime peel. Cook in microwave or over stove until thickend.

You can serve with sauce over the top of rice and chicken along with slices of pineapple.

Calories 392
    Fat 3
    Cholesterol 69
    Sodium 336

3 lean meats
    2 bread/starch
    1 fruit

Hope that will give you something different.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Don't forget you can also make the change for the entire family too :smile:

Take little steps for them as well. Choose low calories things, less fat products, low-sodiums foods, etc. Make sure your children are getting what they need to grow healthy and strong (which you do) :smile:

And a 'diet' shouldn't be about deprivation. Take it as a challenge for yourself to learn how to change the meals you already know and love and make it healthier. And you don't always have to cook separate meals. You can just give yourself a smaller portion and load it will salad and veggies.

I think the true goal to losing weight and then maintaining it is to adapt your lifestyle and the family's lifestyle so that its not a challenge anymore but a way of life.

Good luck
  • It is hard when you have kids to feed and still diet.....i am in the same boat. Most recip. you can still use, just use low fat items and keep your portion small. I am a big beliver in not depriveing yourself so you set yourself up to fail. Remeber that whole grains, chicken, and vegies are your best choices...dont forget your dairy in moderation......good luck...i will send some recipies as soon as i get a few seconds.....good luck:flowerforyou: cindy
  • Thanks for taking sum time out of ur day to respond to my post!! Angie
  • Thanks for taking sum time out of ur day to respond to my post!! It sounds great that is that next thing that is on my list to make.... thanks a bunch!!! Angie