high sodium diet??

Is it possible at all to lose weight on a high sodium diet? And where should I get the sodium from? I don't want to eat junk just to get sodium in? Maybe a G2 or Powerade Zero? Doc has advised me to drink the crap out of them and increase my sodium intake. He offered salt pills but not sure I want them. I want to lose weight and I'm worried increasing sodium will keep me from doing so..Anyone ever had to do this? Or know a way to get it done and drop weight?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,723 Member
    Yes, it's possible to lose weight on a higher sodium diet. When I was on weight watchers and paying more attention to points than anything else, I routinely ate 6" subway sandwiches along with a cup of their soup for lunch AND THEN had some sort of lean cuisine or healthy choice frozen meal for dinner AND I wasn't even drinking water to flush the sodium out like you should. That was a lot of sodium! :smile:
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    pickles? low cal but high sodium? used to have to eat them for sports.
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Sorry for replying to such an old topic! In case you're still looking for ideas, I used to add 2 tablespoons of sea salt to a bottle of Gatorade, And it wouldn't change the taste. Crazy eh?