Is there any defectors from other sites ?

Options
I was once with a another site ( NUTRACHECK) that cost £6 a month and was told about Myfitnesspal but didn't' want to believe that a free site could be as good as a site that was costing me £72 a year. How wrong was I ! It's Amazing and Free. 10lb in the first week.

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I came from fitday. Also free, but their database was limited and they didn't have an android app, so I switched.
  • BillyPinky
    BillyPinky Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I was scared because it's an American Based Site and I live in the UK that the food database and scanner won't work. No one thing HASN'T scanned.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I used to use SparkPeople, but I was never really dedicated. I like that they have a variety of things to keep you coming back to the site (daily wheel spins, awards, etc) but it never worked for me. Felt too cluttered and like a popularity contest.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    If Americans know one thing, its gathering intelligence and food. Have you seen the average American, they eat a lot of food.

Ok that's two things, were not so good at counting.

..oh, and my wife and I used to do Weight watchers.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I used SparkPeople to but found it way to confusing and not a whole lot of motivational people on there,this site is so much better and the people so much more motivational,never going back there
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I used to use SparkPeople, but I was never really dedicated. I like that they have a variety of things to keep you coming back to the site (daily wheel spins, awards, etc) but it never worked for me. Felt too cluttered and like a popularity contest.

THIS^^^^ I also noticed so much easy putting in food here too.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I used SparkPeople for a hot minute two years ago, didn't really like it or get into it like on this site.
  • roch1972
    roch1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    If Americans know one thing, its gathering intelligence and food. Have you seen the average American, they eat a lot of food.

Huh?? Am I the only one the finds this slightly offensive?
  • Crazibaker
    Crazibaker Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I was on WW, but found that they didn't have a lot of nutritional information for the food I was eating and I had to constantly add stuff by hand. This site has everything I've tried to look up so far!
  • 68sylvia
    68sylvia Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I used to do Weight Watchers. It just cost to much. I love this is free
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

Felt the same way there. Before that I was at Slimfast site. So when I heard from a friend who had defected from both above mentioned I thought I would give it a shot. OMG, so Worth the switch. Reached goal and doing fine with maintenance here!!!

LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I came here from calorie count.com. I hate their user interface. It was so hard to figure out how to log in foods and how to change them up and their database was not even half as big as MFP. It was just too complicated. I gave it a week, gave up and migrated to MFP and I'm sooooooo glad I did!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Huh??

:grumble:
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I used daily burn a bunch a year or so ago. When I went back to try again at losing weight, they had become a pay site!
    (and i've gotten much farther on here than I ever did with daily burn)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I still use Fitday. I signed up for MFP just to see nutrition facts, but I stayed since it tracks sodium.
  • Scribetoo
    Scribetoo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I came over from Livestrong.com -- loved it there -- loads of good information and a good database -- even like some of the info/charts/graphs they have there as opposed to here but there is no support system there like there is here.. and I like the mobile app that lets me scan barcodes to enter foods.

I still use Livestrong for some things (like exercise calories not listed here).. but mostly I'm here now.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Sparkpeople. I was too obsessed with sex and cursewords, I wasnt a good fit for the site. Plus everytime I wrote a blog, they jacked it and put on the home page and I couldnt get any privacy. And by every time - I mean over 200 times.

Oh Hi MFP and your lack of site-staff sponsored popularity control ♥
  • katicasi82
    katicasi82 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I came from Fitday too, I preferred their reports - there was more information available as regards which vitamins I was getting which I really liked but the lack of an android app drove me here - I like this one too though!
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I used to use a free site called Food Focus but the food database wasn't that good and it didn't have an app for my phone. The app has been a lifesaver for me!
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I started on Spark People about two weeks before giving up. I just wasn't into that site--I didn't like how it gave you a calorie range instead of a specific target goal for each day based on your actual amount of exercise. MFP is far superior.