How close to "suggested" you get?

Options
I'm wondering, how close to the suggested daily calories intake you get? I mean I'm a huge fella, and i used to eat alot... but now i just eat 5-6 times a day, small meals and a healthy food... And almost every single day in the past 4 days, ESPECIALLY when i've got a dancing night out + my normal workout im left with 2000+ calories remaining on my daily summary .... and my intake varies a bit... from 1400 today and i didn't exercise as much to for example tuesday when i had different meals (got to about 1800cals) but i my full workouts and dancing... either way i go i have 2000+ cals remaining lol :)

I mean i know its not a bad thing i guess but, there's plenty of peeps telling me that 1500-1600 cals is way too low for me, but i WILL not eat if im not hungry lol, and i won't overeat just because something is tasty....

What about your numbers?

Greetz

p.s. my carb & fat numbers are way below suggested... the only thing close to it are proteins :)

Replies

• sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I think it reinforces bad behaviors to force yourself to eat just because you have 2000 cals left to go. I'd say just do what feels right. If you're not hungry don't try and fill those cals and if you are hungry grab something with a little olive oil, or some nuts/seeds (high cals like woah!).

Bottom line keep your body fueled but do so while listening to your body.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'I agree with Sniffles. I think you're probably okay not to force yourself to eat all the additional calories if you aren't hungry for them. Because of the amount of weight you have to lose, you can afford to have a bigger deficit.

I would just make sure that on top of being healthy, your diet is well balanced. I've seen some people on here who say they eat healthy and still struggle to get all their calories, but if you actually look into it their diet it isn't well balanced.

Good luck!
  • Bloodie
    Bloodie Posts: 53
    Options
    I think it reinforces bad behaviors to force yourself to eat just because you have 2000 cals left to go. I'd say just do what feels right. If you're not hungry don't try and fill those cals and if you are hungry grab something with a little olive oil, or some nuts/seeds (high cals like woah!).

Bottom line keep your body fueled but do so while listening to your body.

Yea, I'm by no means HUNGRY for a longer period of the day... I feel excellent this way, eating when i feel that i could eat, and eating not until im completely full, but until i dont feel any hunger... and eating 5 times a day (with snacks like yogurt or a protein shake) i feel excellent throughout the day...
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hmm i dunno how u can have 2000 calories left over but for me....
    on days i dont exercise I have 1200 calories which I usually get to easily,
    when i work out I have about 1800 and usually only have about 100 or so left over.
    just make sure u feel satisfied after ur meals. also check to see what ur goals are set to?
    mine is at 2lb/wk
  • Bloodie
    Bloodie Posts: 53
    Options
    hmm i dunno how u can have 2000 calories left over but for me....
    on days i dont exercise I have 1200 calories which I usually get to easily,
    when i work out I have about 1800 and usually only have about 100 or so left over.
    just make sure u feel satisfied after ur meals. also check to see what ur goals are set to?
    mine is at 2lb/wk

Actually i get to 2k pretty easily ... dunno if its that im used to plenty of workouts or what is it... but i repeat im NOT hungry during the day... and yea, goal is set to 2lb/wk ...

For example today... my suggested NET calories is 2670 add to that the calories you get from exercising the number gets way up to 3914... and I've eaten 1829... which brings me to quite a deficit...

As in numbers...

Calories: 2.085 remaining
    Carbs: 165/537 - 372 remaining
    Fats: 35/130 - 95 remaining
    Proteins: 119/146 - 27 remaining

That was for today... naturally the numbers vary from day to day, especially in rations for carbs/fats/proteins ... but more or less its 40-50 percent of proteins and a little bit more carbs then fats.
    Have in mind that i do my workouts every day and my doc suggested a bit more of proteins since im still kinda recovering from 1,5 months in bed after the open wound surgery...
    But all in all ... i still get 1900-2100 calories of deficit ...

Greetz