HRM and IPhone

Options
jkandktmom
jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
I am just about ready to purchase a Polar H7 Bluetooth Smart Chest Transmitter that works with my Iphone. Does anyone else ahve this or worked with it?

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I had the polar blue tooth with my android. It started eating a battery every 2 weeks. It was to the point that I stopped using it because it was costing me a small fortune in watch batteries.

before that, it was awesome! Just make sure to wash the strap part good.
  • nsmith6325
    nsmith6325 Posts: 41
    Options
    Here is the combination I use with my iPhone

HRM http://www.wahoofitness.com/

Application http://new.digifit.com/icardio/
  • bsharrah
    bsharrah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I use the H7 and love it. Been using it for a couple months now with no issues. Just make sure whatever app you are using is compatible, or just be open to using another app. Also, you need to have a 4S. It will not work with any other model.
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Wahoo Blue HR low power Bluetooth strap for the last week or so. Very pleased so far. Same deal with needing a 4S phone. It's the only iPhone with Bluetooth 4.0, which is required for most if not all of the Bluetooth straps. Works well with Runmeter, and claims to work with most major fitness apps, but I've not used most of them.

ETA: on a side note, does anyone have an app that works with these monitors that isn't running/biking/walking focused? I did an Insanity video tonight, and realized that Runmeter is spectacularly inappropriate for the task. I wound up with a 40 minute, zero distance "rest" activity that burned 650 calories.
  • bsharrah
    bsharrah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I use iBiker w/ upgraded sensor package (cost about 2.99 I think). It has settings for most typical cardio workouts (running, walking, biking, etc., and an "other" which you can customize. I created customized settings for Insanity and it has been great for me. Even though it is called iBiker, it is certainly not specific to biking and appears to be fully customizable, letting you choose what to track. I know it works with both the H7 and Wahoo straps.