52 pounds and seeing progress in the pictures

Options
MKolek00
MKolek00 Posts: 23 Member
I started in Feb 2012.

I am 6'5 and weighed 302 pounds (my never-never number) and needed to change. I'm lucky that my friends started as well and helped push me, but to be honest seeing a 3xx to start my weight scared me.

This is a picture from a wedding in 2009 probably around 285

7-23-201210-52-38AM.jpg

Here is a picture from early 2010 with my wife and oldest daughter. I'm probably around 285 again and also a picture of this last weekend at 250 even.

Untitled-2.jpg

And here is the picture from the hospital holding my youngest daughter 1/16/12 at roughly 302 along with the same picture of this weekend!

Untitled.jpg

I have logged for 175 straight days on MFP along with eatting better (not great, but not bad all the time either) and starting to exercise more. I did P90X for a few weeks, but didn't have the time to commit fully. I starting running and completely my first 5K in under 32 minutes. I used Couch to 5k up until about week 6 and just started running longer myself.

I have another 5k next month and we are doing the Zombie run in PA in Sept.

Just to brag these are my two beautiful daughers!

Untitled-1.jpg

Replies

• MKolek00
    Options
    can someone please help me fix these pictures?!!? lol
  • km2tzmania
    Options
    Good for you! Even though I can't see the pictures....52 lbs is quite an accomplishment!
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I started in Feb 2012.

I am 6'5 and weighed 302 pounds (my never-never number) and needed to change. I'm lucky that my friends started as well and helped push me, but to be honest seeing a 3 to start my weight scared me.

This is a picture from a wedding in 2009 probably around 285

7-23-201210-52-38AM.jpg

Here is a picture from early 2010 with my wife and oldest daughter. I'm probably around 285 again and also a picture of this last weekend at 250 even.

Untitled-2.jpg

And here is the picture from the hospital holding my youngest daughter 1/16/12 at roughly 302 along with the same picture of this weekend!

Untitled.jpg

I have logged for 175 straight days on MFP along with eatting better (not great, but not bad all the time either) and starting to exercise more. I did P90X for a few weeks, but didn't have the time to commit fully. I starting running and completely my first 5K in under 32 minutes. I used Couch to 5k up until about week 6 and just started running longer myself.

I have another 5k next month and we are doing the Zombie run in PA in Sept.

Just to brag these are my two beautiful daughers!

Untitled-1.jpg

Lowercase img
  • MKolek00
    Options
    Thanks Julie!
  • MKolek00
    Options
    Almost forgot I'm 30 doing this all while working multiple jobs with kids.
  • mistyislosingit
    mistyislosingit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm just starting with MFP, but I can't wait to say I've lost 50 lbs.
    Your daughters are adorable!
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Thats good man, really good. You should be so proud of yourself.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Wow, great results! You can definitely see a big difference. Congrats!
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    congrats!! what a huge difference, great job :D
  • Brandi0418
    Brandi0418 Posts: 63
    Options
    Congrats!! You should be so PROUD! And your girls are adorable!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!