HRM that displays calories burned mid-workout

Options
JoolieW68
JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
I currently have the Garmin Forerunner 110 HRM and like it, except for one thing - I can't see how many calories I've burned while in the middle of a workout. I can see the time elapsed & heart rate, but it would be *nice* to see how many calories I've burned 'so far'.

Does anyone have one that does that, and if so, which model do you have?

Replies

• Laurie1267
    Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Just bought a NewBalance N4 (mid price about $70 at Target) that continuously shows calorie burned count and heartrate! Love it! I did see many that are HRM and Pedometers. Some of those didn't count calories. Suggestion - search Amazon - they have loads of HRMs.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 - it gives you a constant reading as you scroll through the 4 displays available during workout:

- amount of time you're been working out along with the current time
    - calorie burned
    - heart rate
    - where your heart rate is in your "zone"

P.S. Congrats on your weight loss! That is impressive!!
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    Just bought a NewBalance N4 (mid price about $70 at Target) that continuously shows calorie burned count and heartrate! Love it! I did see many that are HRM and Pedometers. Some of those didn't count calories. Suggestion - search Amazon - they have loads of HRMs.

Thanks! Yea, I will search Amazon, but wanted to get some ideas to jump start my search :smile:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Most/all Polar HRMs will do this.
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 - it gives you a constant reading as you scroll through the 4 displays available during workout:

- calorie burned
    - heart rate

Thanks! For both the suggestion and the kudos. :smile: I see the Polar comes in pink.....my favorite.
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I just got my Polar FT4 yesterday (yes the pink one)....very easy to set up and read. I think it's going to be my new best friend :)

Got it from Amazon...64.00
  • jarredondo
    jarredondo Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar, don't know the model because I have had it for, like, 12 years. Even as old as it is, I can see my calorie burn throughout the workout. Someone earlier said most if not all Polar HRM have that option, I would believe that.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options

- calorie burned
    - heart rate

This this and some of this. I have the same model. Does exactly what you're looking for.

And amazing progress btw! You are rockin' it. Keep up the good work