Off the Sauce, Now Craving Sweets!

Options
I was at a plateau of around 292-295 for the last 5 months...I used to smoke pot on daily basis [save the judgement, I'm in Canada and to be perfectly frank if it didn't cause me to eat like crazy I'd still smoke it daily] mostly for pain and osteoarthritis, but, let's face it...it was fun too...but I knew that if I wanted to get serious about losing weight I needed to stop. So my hubby and I quit, and I've lost 8 pounds in the last 2 weeks and feel pretty good. The pain is still bad, but it's nothing I can't work through. I'm making progress, but my mind doesn't seem to like that.

Now that I'm not gorging myself in the evenings on junk food, I can't seem to get over my sugar and salt cravings this week! This morning, for instance, I wake up, weigh myself, see the scale going down and in a split second make the decision to eat badly for breakfast instead of eating a healthy one. I'm in the kitchen, the whole grain cereal is right there, the banana and almond milk are RIGHT THERE, and what do I do? I grab an iced cap, a donut and a BLT bagel for breakfast instead. What the hell? It's like as soon as I see some success I sabotage myself. 1500 calorie breakfast. I'm also crashing from the coffee and sugar, and surprise, surprise...I'm still hungry.

I'm just wondering if you all have found yourselves sabotaging yourself when you see a small amount of success? How do you get past it and realize that being a little lighter doesn't give you license to eat whatever you want because you still have "room" between where you are now and where you were last week. I dunno, it's frustrating.

Replies

• Leoba
    Leoba Posts: 10
    Options
    I don't have any answers for you, but I cut way back on my drinking since I started changing things a couple weeks ago, and I find that my sweet-craving time is late in the evening, so I've been eating ice cream. Because it's been hot and I haven't wanted to eat much during the day, I've usually had a couple hundred calories left at that point so it didn't matter much, but this week I'm trying to focus on *what* I'm eating, and ice cream doesn't fit that plan!

I wonder if you could persuade yourself to save any "victory eating" till the end of the day, when you have a better sense of how the day has gone? Tell yourself there *will* be a reward, but maybe by the time you get to the end of the day, you won't want it as much or can at least regulate the portions better (and that's where not drinking/smoking maybe helps--I am a little more rational about the portions than I used to be).
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    You should find a way to incorporate some sweets into your daily life in some sort of healthy fashion.