Do arbs fuel your cravings?

Options
I went away for a few days and put on just under 3 kilos. I came back and was extremely committed to getting it back off, which I did. I also found out that my clean low calorie meals and my regular running was keeping the cravings at bay, yet the minute I had a bowl of cornflakes, the cravings seemed to return.

On top of this I'm the queen of take aways. I love Indian & Chinese food and also pizzas. The cravings for these also disappeared while I was on my healthy eating plan... (not had a take away for 2 weeks - unlike me at all).

Has this happened to any one else?

Oh jesus I hate typos... CARBS!!! Read the f ing thing thru twice as well...

Replies

• SarahxCheesecake
    SarahxCheesecake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I give up...
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have noticed my cravings for sweets and fried foods have dropped a lot. An if I eat them now I can not tolerate much.
  • SarahxCheesecake
    Options
    Yes and also I forgot to mention my stomach is smaller.... YAY !!! I mean inside stomach not outside stomach....thats still got a few inches to lose.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I find this happens to me too. I have certain trigger foods too, like some protein bars. I feel like I could eat 5 in one siting instead of just one. Then, of course, chips, cookies, pretzels, popcorn etc.... Great, now I am hungry again...lol
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    The best thing that works for me.. is if i can stay away from something for over 1-2 weeks then i don't get cravings.
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Not "carbs" so much as breads and sweets. Those things can trigger me like nothing else. If I stick to my plan at least 80-90% of the time I can keep the cravings at bay.
  • 1nsanity
    1nsanity Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    high carb processed foods and sugar cause insulin spikes in the blood and a subsequent crash, which leads to cravings for more.
  • SarahxCheesecake
    Options
    Like that explanation above...
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    high carb processed foods and sugar cause insulin spikes in the blood and a subsequent crash, which leads to cravings for more.

BINGO!

Also foods such as white potatoes, corn, carrots, white flour, processed flour, in addition to breads, rice and pasta made with refined flours - also cause insulin spikes in the blood.

Medically I have to stay away from all of it. Reactions so severe it lead me to a hospital stay for Insulin Shock..... it wasnt pretty... ****rocking back and forth finding a happy place to be in
  • SarahxCheesecake
    Options

BINGO!

Also foods such as white potatoes, corn, carrots, white flour, processed flour, in addition to breads, rice and pasta made with refined flours - also cause insulin spikes in the blood.

Medically I have to stay away from all of it. Reactions so severe it lead me to a hospital stay for Insulin Shock..... it wasnt pretty... ****rocking back and forth finding a happy place to be in

Thanks for this :smile: